Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Re: Whole page is blocked (my ...
Last post by vonmae_be - March 12, 2024, 04:38:17 PM
Neues Layout
Last post by Herman - March 12, 2024, 03:52:44 PM
Thank you very much for your answer.

I do that:
    Edycja > Strony wzrorcowe
    (Edit > Master Pages?)
or
    Okna > Rozmieść strony
    (Windows > Arrange Pages?)

The "Zarządzanie stronami wzorcowymi" ("Manage Master Pages"?) window pops up and the page is editable. But after saving and reopening it is blocked again...
Last post by RodneyLee - March 12, 2024, 02:02:59 PM
it's locked on the master page which is why you cannot edit it AFAIK
Last post by RodneyLee - March 12, 2024, 02:01:07 PM
you turned it into a master page, I was able to go to master page "normalna prawa" and then edit the page
Scripts and Plugins / Re: How to quit a running scri...
Last post by One23 - March 12, 2024, 01:57:15 PM
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly :D

When you start Scribus in Console mode (Windows has 2 versions 1 normal and 1 console mode) you will see the console and all logging from Scribus. Which helps already with debugging, because the print statements will also show in the console. I think it's not the console screen under script. I checked and I am running 1.6.2. svn. Will install the latest stable version to see if that helps.

Basically the ctrl-c in the console window (A black one on windows) would generate a script error in Sribus and would let you cancel the ongoing script. Fot instance when I want to check some debugging on a specific python call I could just use a generic loop and then stop the script after the first alert message.

Hope this makes some sense. I will get back after I installed the stable 1.6.1 version

Thanks!

Patrick

Scripts and Plugins / Re: How to quit a running scri...
Last post by a.l.e - March 12, 2024, 12:21:06 PM
what you mean by "console"?

if you think of the "script > show console", it would indeed be nice to have a stop button in there... but i don't think you could ctrl-c the script there...

if you think of a "terminal" console: on linux i'm used to run "pkill scribus" and kill scribus.

i was not aware (anymore) that in previous version it used to be possible to ctrl-c scribus but, if something has indeed changed, then it might be possible to revert it...
can anybody confirm the regression?
Last post by a.l.e - March 12, 2024, 12:16:10 PM
... the file seems to be broken...

indeed i can't click on the items and trying to edit the master page hangs scribus. 

let's see if @jghali can find out the issue...
Beginner Talk / Whole page is blocked (my firs...
Last post by Herman - March 12, 2024, 12:10:15 PM
Good morning.
I'm a complete beginner. I've made my first page. I tried to protect all frames from changes (using the padlock icon). Suddenly, the whole page was blocked. I can't select anything on the page. The left mouse button does nothing, the right one brings up a general context menu, no matter where I click.
What should I do?
I attach the file.
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Scripts and Plugins / How to quit a running script i...
Last post by One23 - March 12, 2024, 09:28:08 AM
Hi,

I am a long time user of Scribus and I love it to bits.

I have recently changed to 1.6.1 and normally I was able to use ctrl-c inside the console to quit the running script. I used to do this a lot while debugging but for some reason ctrl-c / ctrl-x or ctrl-z are not working inside the console anymore.

Does anyone know how to stop a script in 1.6.1. This functionality was working in 1.5.8.

Thanks for your response and if I need to file an issue in a repo on Github I will hapily do so.

Cheers,

Patrick
Vector graphics and postscript / Re: Open Bezier courves and PD...
Last post by lockheed02 - March 11, 2024, 10:04:02 PM
Quote from: utnik on March 10, 2024, 10:41:34 PMhi lockheed

i exported your file with scribus 1.5.8, 1.6.1 and 1.7.0.
only the .pdf file from scribus 1.5.8 shows this connecting line. the other two files are good.
maybe there was a bug in older scribus versions...

utnik

Cool! Then I'll see that I upgrade to a newer version! Thanks alot! :)