Recent posts

Layout Issues / Re: Adding additional pages wi...
Last post by a.l.e - March 14, 2024, 01:12:40 PM
i've made a patch to limit the number of copies done by the page tab of multi-duplicate:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=17175#c51038

with it you can create a chain of text in this way:

multi-duplicate-link.gif

for single layout pages, it's ok to copy one single frame on the following pages, for document with facing pages, you mostly will want to select one frame on the left page and one (linked) frame in the right page...
... and don't forget to check the "link text" option : - )

(without the patch, it will fill to the end, which is not what you need here)
Text and Typography / Prevent linebreaks and hyphen ...
Last post by JLuc - March 14, 2024, 12:55:45 PM
I wish i could prevent linebreaks and hyphens in some specified text.

emails should not be hyphenated. hyphenation is hard to distinguish from a real included dash.
+ sometime emails include a dot or a dash like my.na-me@provid.er but i dont want any linebreak or hyphen to break any part of that text.

Idealy this would be achieved with text having a specific character style. But i dont thing it is possible as for now. Is there a way ?

Possibly using a script ?
Beginner Talk / Re: Place Multi page PDF in to...
Last post by joseb - March 14, 2024, 12:37:08 PM
Thank you very much "a.l.e" for creating a path.

Any solution that can improve placing a PDF with multiple pages in image frames more automatically would be welcome.

Maybe my proposals are not the best... and other people may find a more suitable way.

Another alternative would be to use the "File / open" option and import a PDF with multiple pages in picture frames (not importing as a vector file, not recognizing the text either).

Is it possible to add another option to: Import each page into an image frame and keep the file linked (not embedded)?

Thank you all very much and congratulations to everyone who contributes to improve Scribus. I really appreciate it.
Last post by lockheed02 - March 14, 2024, 07:33:55 AM
Bug report created https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=17173

I will try the "multiple Duplicate" later tonight.

Thank you so much already!

Lockheed
Last post by a.l.e - March 13, 2024, 10:31:39 PM
of course this is not correct!

can you please post a ticket in the bug tracker?
(https://bugs.scribus.net)

in the meantime, you can explore "Item > Duplicate > Multiple duplicate" and its "By Page" tab.
in my eyes, a way better tool, for getting your text into the next set of pages.
(sadly, it won't work if your margins on the even and odd pages are not the same... that would be worth a patch...)
Last post by a.l.e - March 13, 2024, 10:23:40 PM
i'm not sure that doing "magic" (or formulas) in the page field of the images is a good idea.

but i've now created a patch for the scripter that adds the commands setImagePage() and getImagePage.

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10970

soon, it should be possible to write a small script that adds image frames with the "right" page.
or changes the page in the image to match the one in the document.
Layout Issues / Adding additional pages with m...
Last post by lockheed02 - March 13, 2024, 10:11:18 PM
Hello there,

I have some strange behavior. I basically have a document of 10 pages with automatic text boxes and if I add additional pages in between, the text boxes are somewhere beyond the pages, far at the end of the document. I found a similar topic I think but that is quite old:

https://forums.scribus.net/index.php/topic,3396.msg15960.html#msg15960

I don't know  if that's a bug (I'm on 1.6.1 but already had that in 1.5.8 ), maybe someone can verify:

Steps to reproduce:

1. create a new document, 10 pages (double sided), with automatic text boxes:

2. Add 8 additional pages. they shall be inserted after page 7

3. Observe: the pages get inserter correctly but the text boxes are somewhere very far after the document.

Is this behavior supposed to be like that?

As I have to do a ~400 pages document with 20+ articles and they gave me the last article first, I really don't want to insert many pages each time.

Thank you very much for any hints.

Lockheed
Last post by joseb - March 13, 2024, 02:17:40 PM
Hello everybody,

I know there are several topics on: Multiple pages PDF / one PDF with various pages / Multipages PDF. And I don't know if the question I have is solved...

I'm not interested in "import PDF as vector file" or "open PDF and choose multiple pages".

I know that it is possible to insert a multipage PDF in an image frame and then manually change the pages one by one in "Image properties / Page number: 1, 2, 3, ...".

Is it possible to place a single PDF with several pages in several image frames in the same way as inserting several photos from a folder (in a more automatic way than changing the page one by one)?

Other options:
Is it possible to link the "page number" of the frame in "Content properties F3" to the page number of the document or the page number of the section?

Would it be possible to enter a "formula" in the "page number" of the frame in "Content properties F3"?

For example, instead of entering "Page number: 1, 2, 3,..." one could write "=DocumentPage" or "=SectionPage + #"? In this way, the image frame would update the page number of the PDF according to the Scribus page number on which it is located.

I attach two images to try to explain better.

Scripts and Plugins / Re: How to quit a running scri...
Last post by One23 - March 12, 2024, 09:18:13 PM
Ok,

I tried 1.6.1 official and it didn't work

Reverted to 1.5.8. and was able to CTRL-C my script that I ran via Script->Recent Script

Console active ctrl-c and then you get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1838, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 1479, in main
  File "anon.py", line 22, in somefunction
    scribus.insertHtmlText(self.tempPath, 'Text1')
KeyboardInterrupt

That's what I was looking for. I hope this can also be fixed in 1.6.1. Also had to revert to another Python version 3.7

I hope it will be fixed so I can use the latest version of Scribus again.

Best regards,

Patrick
Beginner Talk / Re: [SOLVED] Are there min/max...
Last post by Nermander - March 12, 2024, 08:48:12 PM
The grid may be somewhat useful for some types of design, but I agree that in most cases using suitable placed guides are a lot more useful.