Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Overview not refreshing
« Last post by xenon on Today at 10:01:35 am »
Hi forum,

today I opened a second .sla file from within Scribus, while working on another document. The file was opened without problems, but the overview section always showed the content from the first document, no matter which of the two files I was working on. Can anyone confirm this behavior and should this be considered a bug (Scribus 1.5.7)? I did not find it in the Buglist or through search...

Thanks,
xe
General Discussion / Re: Issues with importing from LibreOffice
« Last post by utnik on June 24, 2021, 08:41:03 pm »
hi audunmb

when i import text with 'content' → 'get text' or 'content' → 'append text' the text keeps its paragraph styles from libreOffice. (while direct formatting will be lost…)
as importer you select 'odt document' and don't check 'import text only'.

utnik
General Discussion / Issues with importing from LibreOffice
« Last post by audunmb on June 23, 2021, 11:27:52 am »
I'm having issues when importing text from Libreoffice. I set up the document with paragraph styles in LO, but wanted to use Scribus to get a better layout with pictures.

The main issue is that everything is in bold text when imported to Scribus (using Text frame, then Content -> Import). That's a major issue, and renders Scribus unusable for this project.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

(Ubuntu 20.04, Scribus 1.5.5+svn23928+dfsg-1build1)
Layout Issues / X-pos in left page
« Last post by Ljurushima on June 22, 2021, 10:40:07 am »
Hi everyone.
I started using Scribus last week. Now Im having this issue when I try to set X-pos to 0 in objects in the left page of a booklet, it stays in that page, but its set in the page before.
So when I try to group the objects, it becomes a mess  :(
I dont know if its understandable, so I will attach some pics.
Image 1: I creat the object
Image 2: I set X-pos to 0 and it goes up to the previous page
Image 3: I deselect and reselect the object and it shows X-pos with the left-most side of the paper as base.
Beginner Talk / Re: Newbie need help
« Last post by RobSay on June 21, 2021, 10:26:04 am »
Yes - there is the concept of character styles - which is essentially a predefined set of formatting.

Edit Styles and create a new Character Style (below Paragraph Styles) and set the font face, size etc. Select a word or whatever text and select the Character  Style in properties. It can feel a bit fiddly when you first use these but it is much faster than manually setting font size, effects etc on each bit of text and means you can update the style for all text with the formatting applied.

For reference - it helps everyone if the topic title is more specific .. i.e. something about 'text formatting'
Layout Issues / Re: How to add a frame at a specific spot on the page
« Last post by RobSay on June 21, 2021, 10:16:57 am »
The 'standard' user flow is to create the frame and then set X & Y co-ordinates or to realign the frame relative to the page, margins, guides or other objects.

You can set up the document to 'snap' frames to the underlying grid which can be effective. Or set master page guides to intersect at a desired location. Personally I just draw a random frame and reposition and resize..

If you are creating many pages - with many frames of known size and position then there are scrapbook options - and then you have scripter which can create as many frames as you want with explicit dimensions and positions across multiple pages
Beginner Talk / Newbie need help
« Last post by michealspencer on June 21, 2021, 06:34:36 am »
Hi, I used paragraph styles and changed the font or style of individual words using the story editor or the properties window. I want to ask if there are other ways to use other character types?
Thanks
Layout Issues / How to add a frame at a specific spot on the page
« Last post by kylar.merrell on June 21, 2021, 12:29:41 am »
Is there a way to insert an image frame at specific coordinates?
Beginner Talk / Re: "Combine Polygons" does not work (menu gray)
« Last post by utnik on June 20, 2021, 08:01:00 am »
i never had a problem with combining polygons. but there may be a confusion between 'item' → 'path tools' → 'combine polygons' and the boolean combination under 'item' → 'path tools' → 'path operations'.
if your polygons have no fill color, and share the same stroke properties, you may not notice any change when combining them. (and if they are combined, 'combine polygons' is grayed out, but 'split polygons' becomes selectable…)
if you need a single shape from the combined outline of your primary polygons, you should use the boolean combination under 'item' → 'path tools' → 'path operations'.

utnik
General Discussion / Re: What is "Extended Image Properties"
« Last post by utnik on June 20, 2021, 07:40:30 am »
hi diyplanner

I recently found this menu item "Extended Image Properties" under "Item>Image" menu,but I can't make sense what it is used for.

if an image has an embedded path, you can select this path as a clipping path and use it for the text flow. that's how i used the 'extended image properties' so far.
another option is the selection of layers to be used in your layout if you have a multi layer image.

there may be other options (or others to come in the future…), but that's what i know about the 'extended image properties'.

utnik
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10