Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: Day 2 on Scribus
« Last post by RodneyLee on November 24, 2021, 03:13:47 pm »
don't open to full screen, size and position how you want it.
General Discussion / Re: First day and first impression on Scribus
« Last post by RodneyLee on November 24, 2021, 03:10:29 pm »
Hi, which version of Scribus are you using? I use 1.5.7 on Linux Mint and it remembers window position when I close and reopen
PDF Generation / Re: cropping images to the visible part on export
« Last post by toyotadesigner on November 24, 2021, 01:55:51 pm »
Select the image.

Go to Image Properties. Select Free Scaling. Drag the handles to the place where you want to have the image boundaries.

Remain in Image Properties. Go to X-Pos and Y-Pos. Modify the values until the image fits your needs. You can also scale the image with the X-Scale (don't forget to lock the image ratio with the chain icon next to these values).

If everything looks great, generate a PDF.

To prevent image theft and if you don't want to print the PDF, you can to the export dialog and there to Security, place a checkmark into Use Encryption and submit a password two times. The nobody can extract your images, if you DESELECT the options as shown below.

« Last post by WAGCOM on November 23, 2021, 09:17:36 pm »
Wesley,

I would recommend for any feature requests / enhancements, you post them here: https://bugs.scribus.net/

<Hi Digirew,
 i'll do so. Thanks a lot
« Last post by digirew on November 23, 2021, 08:50:19 pm »
Wesley,

I would recommend for any feature requests / enhancements, you post them here: https://bugs.scribus.net/

General Discussion / Day 2 on Scribus
« Last post by WAGCOM on November 23, 2021, 06:12:34 pm »
Everything is fine so far and i'm still really happy of my choice.

The only thing that was not easy today is that i work with a wide screen and i've noticed that Scribus can't stick the pages at the center of my screen. i'm always turning my head to the left while working. Really not comfortable. It would be great if we can find a solution for that. To work 15 miins or one hour fine but a whole day not easy at all. The interface should be more responsive to any screen and the pages should stick at the center of any screen as initial position with CTRL+0.

See you for day 3 tommorow.

Cheers
Wesley
Beginner Talk / Re: Image Missing
« Last post by AdmFubar on November 23, 2021, 01:00:33 am »
Either the image file was removed/relocated , or renamed, or!, scribus has lost the link path for some reason.
One way to help mitigate this issue if to use Collect For Output in the file menu. I'd like the option for this to be the standard way of saving project, as it would have all the needed files in one place. Nice when you need to return to a project some time later.
General Discussion / Re: First day and first impression on Scribus
« Last post by WAGCOM on November 22, 2021, 11:18:33 pm »
Hi Guys,
as you can notice i'm already addicted to.... ;D :D

I wanted to rectify these two points:
- The second thing is that it would be great if we can always have an image frame active if it is out of the page on order to be able to grab it back at anytime. (found) _ OK

Third things is the shortcut. It would be great to have a customizable keyboard shortcut in order to be quick and avoid looking for how and where to get the functionality.  (found) _ OK

The only points so far reamain:
- Workspace is not memoried when i close scribus and open it again.
-The user interface. A dark interface helps a lot to be focus . I have seen that for Linux it's like so but not windows yet. If so ... Please
let me know how

Cheers

Wesley

General Discussion / First day and first impression on Scribus
« Last post by WAGCOM on November 22, 2021, 09:23:19 pm »
HI everybody,
I'm new here and I initiate myself to Scribus today after having sent 20yrs on other software. First big thanks to all the people behind you did a great job so far. My first impression is that I was convinced. But I think if thing are taken one after the other Scribus  can be in a short time in beast mode.

Things that should be I think for a first day on it:
- The user interface. A dark interface helps a lot to be focus . I have seen that for Linux it's like so but not windows yet.
- The second thing is that it would be great if we can always have an image frame active if it is out of the page on order to be able to grab it back at anytime.
Third things is the shortcut. It would be great to have a customizable keyboard shortcut in order to be quick and avoid looking for how and where to get the functionality.

Last but not least the workspace is not memories when we close scribus and open it again.

I'll continu my second day tomorrow and give feedback.

Thanks again to this community

Regards

Wesley
Features / Suggestion: Resize command
« Last post by Robert Barnes on November 22, 2021, 08:19:53 pm »
Hi folks,

In another application I have found very useful a menu command for adjusting the size of multiple selected objects such as frames and polygons. It looks like this: Window > Size to > Tallest | Shortest | Widest | Narrowest.

Not being a programmer, I have no suggestions about how this can be done, but I think it would be a worthy addition to Scribus.

Thanks for all the great work that has gone into Scribus thus far--the more I use it the more I appreciate it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
palmate