Recent posts

Windows / Re: The application lilypond -...
Last post by Florestan - Today at 03:11:37 PM
Merci beaucoup, it seems to have actually worked!

I think I'm now one step further. Now the editor reports that it has successfully compiled my input. Still, Scribus doesn't show the result, just the name of the pdf in the temp folder: scribus_temp_render_cHeyTr.pdf in my case.

And again I seem to have to learn something new...

Scripts and Plugins / Re: Move orphan frames to a ne...
Last post by a.l.e - Today at 12:55:55 PM
yes, that's possible; you can use:

• scribus.getObjectType()
  • scribus.sendToLayer()
  • scribus.setLayerVisible()

please learn how to use the help in scribus (F1!) or the website with the API documentation, i  previously linked: all three commands above are the literal translation in code of your question and are easy to discover!
(yes, i also had to look them up in the API documentation!)

Scripts and Plugins / Move orphan frames to a new la...
Last post by skhullar - Today at 07:34:29 AM
Here is the ask -

Scan the current page - based on a condition like any frame which is ungrouped
1) Moved the frame to a new layer
2) Make visibility of all older layers OFF

Objective: Let the user know which frames he has forgotten to group. Any other ideas welcome

thanks

Sunil
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Sample scripts and plugin
Last post by skhullar - Today at 05:45:49 AM
Cool, it worked
Thanks ale
General Discussion / Re: Imagedata format in SLA fi...
Last post by a.l.e - February 29, 2024, 09:47:54 PM
@Nermander : in that case i would suggest to create a pdf and extract the images from there : - )

@AdmFubar : yes, i thought that it might be missing. but rather than fighting the xml, the better solution is to create the commands for exporting the images and submit a patch (or ask the community to create the commands).
then the problem is not only solved for the one user, but for everybody (creating a command for the scripter is a bit more tedious than necessary, but to 90% copy paste work)
Last post by AdmFubar - February 29, 2024, 09:35:02 PM
thought i might have a solution, and tried "collect for output" option .. alas embedded images stay firmly planted in the .sla and not exported into a sub-directory as i had hoped.

From what i can gather by looking over the available commands in python, there seems to be no option to allow exporting embedded images via a script. I checked even for a command to remove the embedding, nothing available to implement that idea.

Look like the only recourse is to parse the .sla , find the point(s) where the embedded image(s) and decode,extract and save them.
Last post by Nermander - February 29, 2024, 08:11:29 PM
Maybe someone has several SLAs with dozens of embedded images and don't want to extract them manually one by one?
Last post by a.l.e - February 29, 2024, 03:17:05 PM
hi utnik,

now that i think about it, i also can't really find a use case where this would be necessary.

if one wants to create scripts that process the .sla and modify the images, it's much easier not to use embedded images at all...

maybe they're processing scribus files created from pdfs or from idml?

who knows, maybe one day we will find out what sunil is up to...
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Sample scripts and plugin
Last post by a.l.e - February 29, 2024, 03:12:09 PM
you probably need a -- before the .sla file name:

"c:\Program Files\Scribus 1.6.1\Scribus.exe" -g -py d:\bat\to-pdf.py -- d:/tmp/test/scribus-test/1.sla
Last post by utnik - February 29, 2024, 12:35:18 PM
i still don't understand why the extraction of embedded images calls for parsing the .sla file...