Text flow options through, contour line, bounding box, missing a 4th option

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmFubar

Thought I saw this option available, perhaps i'm thinking of another program. Is there an quick way to flow text around an image, top and bottom only, not on either side?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

steven8

Use contour line, and drag it out to either side of the text.
Scribus 1.6.0 Stable
Windows 11

AdmFubar

I know about the contour line, an tedious process if you have a many images/graphics  to do. I thought there was a simple option that would do that for you and had gone missing.
ah it was from another dtp program
https://www.pagestream.org/?action=Documents&id=794
Advanced hobbyist

steven8

I knew I'd seen it someplace else as well.  In LibreOffice you can choose wrap with no special functions and it just does above and below.  I'm using Scribus 1.4.8 and it does not have a simple way of doing it.  It would not be fun if you had a whole ton of images in a document.
Scribus 1.6.0 Stable
Windows 11

Joop

I have made pre formatted frames. If I want to insert a picture then I copy the frame from the pre formatted frame to my working document. It is a group, above the picture a text frame and below the picture a text frame. You can use those for comments or a picture title or leave them empty. The other task is that the text in the article is not end just above the picture or start just at the bottom line of the picture, there need to be some white between the two. The group, text and image frames are the same wide as the column or the page. Ungroup, insert the image, size it to the frame and insert if wanted some text above or below. As you have a copy  in the buffer, past it on the right place and you can go on. As it is the same width as or you page or the columns you don't have issues like your question. But this is my way of working, you have  to find your setup and stick to it.

AdmFubar

Quote from: steven8 on January 08, 2023, 06:29:02 AM
I knew I'd seen it someplace else as well.  In LibreOffice you can choose wrap with no special functions and it just does above and below.  I'm using Scribus 1.4.8 and it does not have a simple way of doing it.  It would not be fun if you had a whole ton of images in a document.
I must be thining about LO as well as i've not used pagestream in 15-20 years.

Joop
Another usful solution but not as elegant as a operation to apply.
Time to pester the developers with a suggestion to add this to scribus.
Advanced hobbyist

Joop

Quote from: AdmFubar on January 08, 2023, 11:37:30 PM
Joop
Another usful solution but not as elegant as a operation to apply.
Time to pester the developers with a suggestion to add this to scribus.
Thanks, the trouble with developers is that it will take some time before its coded and work properly in the program. Next I have the problem that it will take some time before the new version is also available for Raspberry Pi. So I try to work around a problem.