[Scribus 1.5.8 | Ubuntu 22.04 LTS] Problem of menu display since Ubuntu upgrade

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinz57

Hello,
I sent 2 messages on the scribus list on monday 13th of march and received about one week after an error message ("A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: scribus@lists.scribus.net
    retry timeout exceeded
"). I just retryed and it failed again.
Please see both messages I sent below. Thank you in advance for your precious help!
Have a nice sunday.
Vincent

------- Forwarded Message -------
Date : lundi 13 mars 2023 à 9:14 AM
Objet : [Scribus 1.5.8 | Ubuntu 22.04 LTS] Problem of menu display since Ubuntu upgrade
À : Scribus User Mailing List <scribus@lists.scribus.net>

Hello everybody,

I have new problems since I upgraded ubuntu (yesterday) to version 22.04 LTS (I don't know how to explain it in english, sigh! - I'll do my best... Hope you'll understand!):
  • the selected functions are not highlighted anymore. For example: in the text settings menu, the text alignment buttons have all the same light grey background, so that I can't see which one is selected. Another way to say that is that every button doesn't look like a button anymore (neither animation nor shadow by mouseover);
  • all the checkboxes desappeard too!
Other problem: in the contextual menu, by clicking right on an object (a text frame in my case), I don't see if it's locked or not: the checkboxes disappeard also there.

Help please! It's very handicapping!
Have a nice day,
Vincent
[Please read next message below!]

Date : lundi 13 mars 2023 à 4:08 PM
Hello!

Well, the issue I reported this morning seems to be worst than I thought... :(
  • All the buttons but also the menus tabs and fileds aren't "animated" anymore, one can't see if they're clicked on or not (no relief, no colour change);
  • there is no more scrollbar neither at the bottom of the page nor on the right side of the screen (or on the left of the embeded settings window);
  • after having modified a page template and validated it, I often can't scroll down anymore: I see the page before the one I modified and the very top of that one; I only can scroll up. Solution found so far: exit Scribus and start it again. >:( Windows like!
What I did to fix it - in vain: I deleted the AppImage and downloaded it again. Useless.

I hope someone can help me soon. Thank you in advance, best wishes.
Vincent

MrB

Check your iconset in the Scribus Preferences. Select the one that works best for your desktop environment colours.

Our mailing lists are disabled, we have moved to these forums.

Craig

PatJr

dunno about ubuntu
maybe you can try the flatpak install?

there are several ways to run programs on linux, sometimes one will work when others don't
be sure to post back if you find the issue

Vinz57

Hello and thank you for your answers.
Quote from: MrB on March 26, 2023, 03:10:05 PMCheck your iconset in the Scribus Preferences
I don't find where to set the icons in the preferences...

Quote from: PatJr on March 26, 2023, 03:49:12 PMmaybe you can try the flatpak install?
I did it... and it works!!! Thanks a lot!  :D

So I still have no idea of the reason of the issue and didn't solve it... but I have a well working version installed and that's great!
Have a nice day.