Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Imagedata format in SLA fi...
Last post by skhullar - Today at 06:37:44 AM
Hi a.l.e

I was hoping to get some ready made help. But you are asking me to look into code. That will involve lot of deep diving, I wanted to avoid.

Text and Typography / Re: Is it possible to save tex...
Last post by AdmFubar - Today at 03:30:31 AM
I'm a little lost by what you mean by "text filters", some details please.
And when you say you "re-imported" what do you mean by this?  did you import the same text? as in replacing what you had imported previously? or is this new text? and is it being added to  the previous import? or is it replacing it?
Text and Typography / Re: automatically generated co...
Last post by rsharman - Today at 12:05:02 AM
Perhaps when you imported styles you didn't check "Replace Existing Style"?  The default is "Rename Imported Style" and that might be the problem you saw.
Text and Typography / Is it possible to save text fi...
Last post by rsharman - February 28, 2024, 11:53:52 PM
I'm using Scribus 1.6.1 on a Mac.  I'm trying to convert a document from Swift Publisher.  I've extracted the text and gone through several iterations of text filters and new styles.  When I went to re-import today and use filter4 all the "apply", "Paragraph style", "starting with" and so on things in the filter were there but the actual paragraph styles to use were all empty!  I have an earlier filter3 but a lot has changed since then.
1. Any idea why I somehow lost the paragraph styles to replace?
2. Is there any way of saving these filters?  This would help preventing losses, bad changes, and possibly would make them easier to generate.
Thanks, Richard
General Discussion / How to show the file name on a...
Last post by Geoat - February 28, 2024, 09:06:15 PM
Hello,
My problem: I start a Scribus document that I call «Mybook_V0». After corrections, it will be called "Mybook_V1", "Mybook_V2", etc. in successive versions.
I would like this name to appear automatically in a text frame on a page. Is it possible, and if so, how?
Thank you for your explanations.
Alain
Last post by a.l.e - February 28, 2024, 07:39:30 PM
hi sunil

i guess that utnik does not really answer your question.

but his reply contains a very good hint: have a look at how scribus reads or write the images and you will understand what you need to do to extract the image.

you can search through the code for the commands you see in the menues and you can then walk back to the relevant snippets.
Last post by utnik - February 28, 2024, 05:36:11 PM
hi sunil

if you just need to extract your image from the .sla file, you can do it with a right click on the image. in the pop-up menu you uncheck 'image' → 'embed image'. then scribus will open a window to define the name and location for the extracted image.

utnik

General Discussion / Imagedata format in SLA file
Last post by skhullar - February 28, 2024, 02:38:41 PM
Hi

I know it's not recommended to parse SLA file as against creating a Py script. However our use case requires parsing. 

We are stuck at embedded Imagedata, which seems to be some kind of compressed base64 format. Need to know how to decode it and extract the image (without a script)

Thanks

Sunil
Installation and Setup / Re: Scribus 1.6.1 app image cr...
Last post by Lemuria - February 28, 2024, 09:26:10 AM
Happy to report that Scribus 1.6.1 is working for me now.

I use the XFCE environment, so I used the menu editor to add a launcher for Scribus. While my config is still borked, Scribus can now be launched properly since launching from menu doesn't involve loading my ZSH config.

Quote from: RodneyLee on February 27, 2024, 02:38:53 PMtry the flatpak, what OS are you using?
The flatpak works, but the AppImage does too now, so I'll just stick to the AppImage.

Thank you all for your help.
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Table Cell Padding
Last post by AdmFubar - February 28, 2024, 02:36:33 AM
Not certain about the API being able to change the text styles. (no first hand experience), but from looking over the api calls it looks doable. would be a matter of getting the desired cell selected and applying text styles, iterating through the cells as needed.
While the cels appear as text frames grouped together, I've noticed that the story editor isnt available to edit the text contained in them. This may be to keep from adding text beyond the size allotted in the cell. Might be a parameter to keep in mind when adding text to a cell from a script.