V1.4.3 on Mac OS X Mavericks - enable plugin?

Previous topic - Next topic

wmike1503

Hi,

All of the import plugins are disabled.   There seems to be no way to enable them.  Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Makes the program somewhat redundant if nothing of use can be imported - such as pdf, for example.

Thanks,

Mike

Nermander

Are you talking about the plugins shown under File -> Import?

Several of those need a suitable frame to be selected, since many types of content can only be imported into a frame.

wmike1503

No - when you look at the about plugins - all the plugins are listed.   It is here where all of the the import plugins are not enabled.  That suggests to me that they are no available to Scribus - they are in their respective Scribus directories - just not enabled.

Cheers,

Mike

[attachment deleted by admin]

GarryP

Hi Mike.

Have you had any luck getting anywhere with this, possibly with help from elsewhere?

I'm thinking about upgrading to 10.9 but if Scribus has major problems running on it then I might wait a while longer.

(I've looked at http://roaringapps.com/ to check compatibility but Scribus isn't on the list - and neither is Ghostscript.)

wmike1503

Hi Garry,

No luck, I'm afraid.

Scribus seems a very good tool, but without it's import features, rather useless.

Cheers,

Mike

Nermander

My guess is that it's either a problem with that build for OS X, or something wrong with your installation.

Since I haven't seen anyone else complain about it, the second alternative seems more likely.

wmike1503

Tried reinstalling with the latest build - more likely to be an incompatibility with Mavericks.

Shame - would really like to use it.

Nermander

You should try to ge in contact with the developers. They are not frequent visitors on the forum, irc or maybe the mailing list are better places.

utnik

hello mike

most of this plugins are listed as disabled under mac os 10.6.8 as well.
i didn't try them all, but at least the 'svg import' is listed as disabled on 'snow leopard' and on 'mavericks' and works well on both systems...

utnik

Kunda