Missing Barcode Generator

Previous topic - Next topic

mnawij

Hello Everyone,

Just updated to 1.5.8 on my Mac and Insert -> Barcode is not there. It is still there on my Ubuntu Mate 22.04 computer running 1.5.8. Maybe the plugin was not compiled?

Cheers!

mnawij

utnik

hi mnawij

i'm on macOS as well and here the barcode generator works (with the same problems as in earlier versions) in scribus 1.5.8 and 1.5.9.svn.
but i can't use it with scribus 1.7.0.svn. it is there, but the options and the 'ok' button are grayed out...

utnik

mnawij

Thanks Utnik,

Here is a screenshot showing that it is missing. Anyone know if it could be that I have the M1 chipset in a new Mac Mini?

mnawij

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mnawij

the m1 processor could make the difference – i'm still on intel (and hope to stay there as long as rosetta2 is needed for many programs under m1...)

utnik

Einston123

Ghostscript needs to be installed for the barcode generator to work or even show up the Insert menu.

It might be an idea for the developers to gray out the Barcode entry on the Insert menu if Ghostscript is not installed and just put a tooltip on it that informs the user that Ghostscript needs to be installed.

Hope this helps someone. I just installed Scribus 1.5.8 on my new build and the barcode menu item was not there. I then tried installing 1.4.8 and it was also not there, but a popup on first launch of 1.4.8 said Ghostscript was not installed, so I installed it, and the problem was solved.