Recent posts

Text and Typography / Arabic accents not display pro...
Last post by srikrishnan - March 25, 2024, 12:58:42 PM
Hi,

i have tried the following Arabic text in Scribus, most of the characters coming correctly but some characters accents are not positioned properly

قَالَ عِيسَى ٱبْنُ مَرْيَمَ ٱللَّهُمَّ رَبَّنَآ أَنزِلْ عَلَيْنَا مَآئِدَةًۭ مِّنَ ٱلسَّمَآءِ تَكُونُ لَنَا عِيدًۭا
لِّأَوَّلِنَا وَءَاخِرِنَا وَءَايَةًۭ مِّنكَ ۖ وَٱرْزُقْنَا وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ ٱلرَّٰزِقِينَ ١١٤
قَالَ ٱللَّهُ إِنِّى مُنَزِّلُهَا عَلَيْكُمْ ۖ فَمَن يَكْفُرْ بَعْدُ مِنكُمْ فَإِنِّى ٓ أُعَذِّبُهُۥ عَذَابًۭا لَّا ٓ أُعَذِّبُهُۥٓ أَحَدًۭا مِّنَ ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ ١١٥

is there any possibility to fix this?

regards,
Srikrishnan
Beginner Talk / Re: adding pdf's or images to ...
Last post by utnik - March 25, 2024, 04:54:52 AM
hi john

Quote from: John on March 24, 2024, 11:47:50 PM...It must be non Scribus related...
i'm not sure. i downloaded your file and could reproduce the issue. if i type fast (after placing an image), it displays the last words with a visible lag.
it is not only your file. i just did a test with scribus 1.7.0.svn on mac os (32 MB of ram) and it shows the same lag after inserting an image.
as i usually don't type in scribus (except for some corrections), i never noticed the lag before. but it's there.

it might be worth to file a bug report.

utnik
General Discussion / Re: [TOC] get an attribute dir...
Last post by MrB - March 24, 2024, 11:49:49 PM
Ok a new version is now in SVN.
Reorganised the UI for main TOC
Created settings per style header, removed extra style list. Added single style list selector, and individual settings for remove line breaks, page numbering location
Removed the line break removal from the main TOC
COL/FRAMEBREAKs always removed, line breaks per settings (currently defaulted to off)
There's probably a few UI tweaks still to do.
Last post by John - March 24, 2024, 11:47:50 PM
Ok, thank you for looking into it.
It must be non Scribus related and I will troubleshoot other possibilities.
Windows / Re: Scribus can't find my netw...
Last post by mgamble - March 24, 2024, 08:15:56 PM
Thanks for responding so quickly.

Actually, I think I just needed to restart scribus after mounting the wsl through the network drive. I wrote that post before trying to restart, my apologies for that. It works now (as you can see in the screengrab). However, that dropdown box that currently is showing "My Computer" can not be typed in. In many other programs a path to a folder can just be pasted in there to go to that folder. However, that doesn't seem to work here. That would really help when there are deeply nested folders and navigating to the right place is arduous. That and/or having the picker open in the folder of the scribus file as a head start to getting to the right place, would be a real help.

Thanks so much for all that you do in Scribus. I'm exploring moving out of inDesign and I'm really enjoying so far. I especially like that I can modify the .sla directly (or through a script).

Best,
Matt
Last post by AdmFubar - March 24, 2024, 07:13:02 PM
Can you post a screen shot of the dialog?
Last post by AdmFubar - March 24, 2024, 06:15:34 PM
not having an issue with typing speed.  Could it be the font you are using? Try another font to test and see if it make a difference.
Last post by PatJr - March 24, 2024, 02:33:10 PM
not sure here, I tried it but loading the file got font substitutions and a missing color profile switched to generic

had to relink one of the images but typing speed seemed OK

fedora flatpak install 
Last post by mgamble - March 24, 2024, 04:46:24 AM
This seems to still be a problem. I've tried this from window 11 with scribus 1.5.6 and 1.6.1 and the dialog box for get image cannot see into the wsl file system even though it's mounted as a network drive. This is strange because in windows I can open the wsl folder containing a .sla file and double-clicking that file opens in Scribus on windows just fine. It's just trying to select an image to link where the dialog box can't see the drive or folder.

The suggestion above does not work for me, as I cannot type in the folder in to the folder dropdown (like I do in other programs).

Any help would be really appreciated.
General Discussion / Re: [TOC] get an attribute dir...
Last post by a.l.e - March 23, 2024, 10:54:05 PM
hi craig

after this afternoon's changes, the result looks better! thanks.
(sadly, there are also some regressions: i don't have any paragraph styles in the lists anymore...)

there is one thing i noticed: you made the removal of the frame and column breaks depend on the "remove new lines" option.

i really think that they should always be removed. there is no reason for wanting them to be copied over into a table of contents (ok, i just found out that it's slightly better to first add the new line and then the frame break: but you can't count on people to do that!)

in my eyes, removing the line ends is rather for cases situations like:

I.
First chapter

or

I. First chapter with a long title
and manual new line
because it's not so nice to have
full width titles

in the attached .odt file, you can see what i think this the right way to present the page breaks in scribus (well, of course, in scribus it will be a frame break).
i would really be important that in scribus too, for the frame break to also be a line break... but that's a different topic!