Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Scribus forums / Story Editor malfunction on Chromebook
« Last post by aldobranti on June 15, 2021, 04:25:26 pm »
I have been running Scribus 1.4.8 and 1.5.6 under Debian Linux in a Chromebox
After a few minutes work in text frames, I go into a story editor which is completely unresponsive. My only action must be to quit the text frame, quit the application and go back in for a further few precious key strokes
This problem occurred first in S148 and I found no help in the web so I tried with the S156 appimage from the downlaod site.
With S148 I was using the debian/buster repos
the chromebox tracks Google Chrome OS and is currently at v 91.0.44

I have a professional job to get out of this which I am trying to do completely open source -- is any one out there successfully running scribus on a chrome os environment ? what debug information can I gather ?

General Discussion / Re: render latex frames but selectable
« Last post by DIYPlanner on June 15, 2021, 01:44:58 pm »
hi,Royer11
Currently it's not possible to make text from render frame selectable.However you could export pdf from Scribus document contains render frame that all text in render frame being editable.The function could be enabled by checking "Embed PDF & EPS files" checkbox while you are in the "Save As PDF" dialogue.
Code / a lot errors occured during compile Scribus
« Last post by DIYPlanner on June 15, 2021, 01:34:16 pm »
Hi,there
I got the source code of Scribus from Github and Scribus libraries from Sourceforge.net then tried to compile and build Scribus by following aoloe's tutorial(from https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-manual-development/blob/master/content/compiling-with-visual-studio-en.md). The environment I used is Windows 8 64bit in Chinese version with Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition in English,and had installed Qt 5.15.2 with MSVC 2015 64-bit module.I compiled scribus-libs-msvc2019.sln under scribus-1.5.x-libs-msvc2019 folder with no errors(but some warnings),then I compiled Scribus after set the path from SCRIBUS_LIB_ROOT and QT5_DIR to my Scribus libraries path and Qt installed path in Scribus-build-props.props,there was 83 errors with 218 warnings occured.I attach the error list contains all  errors and warnings.I hope someone could help me and sorry for my English.
General Discussion / Re: How define styles for TEXT FRAME?
« Last post by utnik on June 14, 2021, 08:34:45 pm »
hi royer

format one frame and send it to the scrapbook. from there you may drag it to any place in your layout or place it on another page with the coordinates from the original frame just by a double click on the scrapbook item…

utnik
Hi utnik,
Thanks for the answer.Very straightforward and informal.
Announcements and Forum Rules / Re: Story Editor text gone after save or exit
« Last post by garryc on June 14, 2021, 10:24:41 am »
I downloaded Scribus 1.5.7, Story editor now works  :D
Beginner Talk / Re: Switch the default position to the right side of the screen
« Last post by RodneyLee on June 13, 2021, 05:22:53 pm »
Dock them back into the main window
hi john

…I originally had a title page Master Page set at 14 pt. size height (about 3/16") and the text fame in the document also set at 14 Pt.

I decided to increase the point size to 18 to make it larger (about 1/4") and edited both the Master Page and the Properties window for that text frame in the document to 18 pt.

if this is a text on the document page itself (not on the master page) there's no point in trying to edit some properties of it on the master page. but if the text is selected, you should be able to edit it by the 'text properties' window.
the much better approach would be to use paragraph styles. then you could edit the style settings…

To throw another wrench into this, the text is copy and paste from a LibreOffice document that was also originally composed with 14 pt type size.  I went back into the LO document and changed the point size there.  Nothing changed size-wise in the LO document either…

in this case i think you do something strange. (i.e. editing the settings without a selection containing the text in question…)
i can't think of a bug that affects scribus and libreoffice that way…

utnik
hi john

I couldn't find it, but I found other recovered files with the directory (if that is the right word), i.e. name_autosave_mm_dd_yyyy_hr_min.sla.

that's exactly what i wrote. (i call it (date)_(time), you call it mm_dd_yyyy_hr_min and scribus may call it 06_12_2021_23_50 – it's all the same…)

…I could see plenty of autosaves and recoveries over the years but nothing with my current file name except for that "file name.sla" itself where none of the day's pre-crash work was saved.

I have gone back into Preferences>Document Setup more than once to check Saving & Undo to see if autosave is activated.  Here is what I have there:

checked- "Try to save "Emergency File" in case of a crash"
checked- "Enable automatic saving of documents"  Interval: 10min.  Number of files to keep: 1
selected- "Save into the same directory as the document"  Not selected- "Save into" (blank)
Not checked- "Keep backup files after closing the document"
Not checked- "Show autosave countdown clock on the canvas"

well, it says 'try to save "emergency file" in case of a crash' – this may work in some cases, but…
…if you don't check 'keep backup files after closing the document', you may end without a backup file.

…Going to the document itself I can't see anywhere that the "countdown clock" appeared.

i never use it, but my short test showed a backup clock in the lower left corner for the last minute before the next backup will be saved.

utnik
Layout Issues / Re: How to easily add image frame to 100+ pages
« Last post by utnik on June 13, 2021, 12:34:07 am »
hi kylar.merrell

if you need this image frame on all the pages in a range (or all odd or even pages), you may create it on the first page of this range, select it and use 'item' → 'duplicate/transform' → 'multiple duplicate' → 'by page' and select your options…

utnik
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10