Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Making all 100% black overprin...
Last post by forslund - Today at 09:36:47 PM
Hi,

I'm preparing files for a board game for print and I have a bit of an issue. The printer wants me to set all 100% black objects in our card-files to overprint. This means going over hundreds of grouped imported svgs finding them and setting overprint in the colour management.

Is there any way to change all objects that uses the black colour to overprint automatically without finding them and changing the setting individually?

If not is there any way to step through the properties for all objects in a file?

If not is there any way to pre-flight check the colours so I've managed to click on them all?

Thanks in advance
/Åke
Beginner Talk / Re: Ability to print reader pa...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 01:52:22 PM
Ok this is archaic I know, but I was searching for this issue and thought I could bump the post.

I also am familiar with the export option that Indesign has (print as spread) and I was looking for it with scribus.

I looked up jpdf tweaks and it requires oracle's java......
The scribus wiki printing page points to pstops (cli)

But a checkbox in scribus pdf export would bi so much easier, than export as single pages and make the imposition with another program.

For my work, I am producing a book cover, following a clever technique where three pages are put alongside in a spread, back cover, spine and front cover. This is so that the spine width can be easily adjusted and of crs cos it looks good in a spread. Then during export just need to check (spread) and the resulting file is a combined 3 pages that can go straight to the book printers and not fail their validation.

Text and Typography / Re: How to move text start poi...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 11:18:06 AM
@MrB, great idea! I just found that out today as well!
Last post by MrB - April 21, 2024, 10:32:41 PM
On the Text Properties window, go to the Path Text Properties, and change the "Start Offset" value to move the text along the frame.
Last post by PatJr - April 21, 2024, 03:54:36 PM
sounds interesting
could you post up a sample sla file with some examples?
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 12:08:58 PM
Oops, meant ctrl-drag. Anyway I noticed that when editing the polygon shape after text to path, it is now a line with start end points. So the better question should be, how would one move the start point of a polygon shape?
As when you draw a polygon box the start is always top left it seems??
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 08:47:28 AM
Ok, a quick work round, that achieves the result that I need in this case, I rotated the polygon 'box' by 270 deg, which made it long, and then resized it by clicking shape edit and shift-dragging corners to become tall to fill the page margin.

But this is not a work around for any unusual shapes that can't bi rotated,  obviously.

Ps, I am not enjoying the post verification with letters that ark hidden and obscured and then my post fails because I got it wrong!
Text and Typography / [SOLVED] How to move text star...
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 07:50:31 AM
Hi, I have some text around a polygon, using 'attach text to path'. The polygon is basically a frame near margin of Page, on a book cover. At the moment the default start point of text is at top left of the said box. But I need it to move over to the top right corner.

Any tricks to accomplish this? I would expect there to bi an anchor handle that can bi dragged around the path/shape.

Ps, captcha was a horrible pain during sign up with blurry images!

Oh no! More blurry letters bellow that I can't read!
Tutorials, Tips and How-Tos / Re: Moving image inside shape
Last post by Erik96 - April 20, 2024, 09:51:28 AM
thx a lot.
this worked , I can scale and rotate the image now. Perfect !!!
Tutorials, Tips and How-Tos / Re: Moving image inside shape
Last post by utnik - April 20, 2024, 08:54:49 AM
hi erik

take a look at the 'content properties' (f3).

utnik