Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
General Discussion / Scribus immediately crashes
« Last post by thomasn on Today at 11:54:04 am »
I have been using Scribus for years and it has always been great. I've had a bit of a break from the kind of tasks that require Scribus recently, so today was the first time trying to use it in a couple months.

Now, it immediately crashes with the message "Scribus crashes due to Signal #11".

Trying to start it from a terminal to get a bit more information, I get these messages leading up to the crash:
Code: [Select]
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_gdal.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
libgdal.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_ogr.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
libgdal.so.29: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Warning: dynamic library '/usr/lib/osgPlugins-3.6.5/osgdb_vnc.so' exists, but an error occurred while trying to open it:
libvncclient.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ReaderWriterTF::writeObject
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/lab.png: File not found
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/spot.png: File not found
pathForIcon: Unable to load icon /usr/share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/register.png: File not found
qt.gui.icc: Unsupported ICC profile class 70727472
QPngHandler: Failed to parse ICC profile
Scribus Crash
-------------
Scribus crashes due to Signal #11

This is using Scribus 1.5.7-6 on an up-to-date Arch Linux system.
Any ideas where I can go from here to troubleshoot this issue?
Text and Typography / Re: indents
« Last post by steven8 on October 24, 2021, 03:08:35 am »
Quick note to add to Nermander's suggestion.  You can't manually input a negative number as an indent.  You enter the positive number into the paragraph indent, and Scribus automatically makes the first line indent the identical negative.

I'm attaching a picture.
Text and Typography / Re: indents
« Last post by Nermander on October 23, 2021, 04:43:48 pm »
Hi, For years I've been manually putting an indent on the lines of text under the beginning subject because I couldn't  figure out how to have it done automatically (like I always did when using Page Maker). But now I'm wondering if there _is_ a way to set the text to do that automatically. Sometimes I can't get the other lines of text to indent without my rewording, so I'm really hoping someone can help. (TIA)

It sounds as if what you are asking for is hanging indent, and of course that is possible in Scribus.

Essentially you set the intent for the paragraph to a value (like 1,5 cm) and then you set the first line indent to the negative of that value (-1,5 cm in this example).

I think you need to set this in a style though, I think it's not accessible as direct formatting.

Scroll down a bit on this page
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Styles

General Discussion / Re: Manage Images (v. 1.4.8)
« Last post by toyotadesigner on October 22, 2021, 09:24:27 pm »
Hi Utnik, thanks a lot for the trick with the Ā»OutlineĀ«. Didn't even know the feature exists, but it comes in handy from time to time.
Text and Typography / indents
« Last post by WHYz on October 22, 2021, 08:31:02 pm »
Hi, For years I've been manually putting an indent on the lines of text under the beginning subject because I couldn't  figure out how to have it done automatically (like I always did when using Page Maker). But now I'm wondering if there _is_ a way to set the text to do that automatically. Sometimes I can't get the other lines of text to indent without my rewording, so I'm really hoping someone can help. (TIA)
PDF Generation / Calculations / values not updating in real time
« Last post by Lubitch on October 22, 2021, 01:22:41 pm »
Hi
I made the pdf that is suppose to calculate the values in real time.

Original document I made some time ago was working fine, so I have duplicated it and made new one with different layout and some other changes. The  I have noticed that when I correct number used in calculation, in cell/table then value is not getting updated.

In this doc values not updating are at the bottom

I found the workaround.

Cells used in calculations need to be updated from the beginning of chain.
In this case I have updated Calculate Tab starting with
Sub total > ExVAT > Vat > Total
Thing is: anything braking that chain - in this work around - like correcting something [can recall exact trigger but cell tooltip doesnt trigger] in the middle triggers that all the process have to be repeated.

QT 5.9.7
Scribus 1.5.5
GS 9.27
Win 10 / 64bit
soft: Foxit
PDF Generation / Re: Blurb Photobook PDF/X-3 fail
« Last post by David121314 on October 22, 2021, 12:44:51 pm »
Maybe there is something missing with the software when you installed it .
General Discussion / Re: File opening hangs on 1.5.5 (on Ubuntu)
« Last post by Katewerk on October 21, 2021, 01:52:50 am »
Nevermind, I traced the problem to a corrupted text box.
Beginner Talk / Scribus How To Videos
« Last post by toyotadesigner on October 20, 2021, 10:23:18 am »
I've just discovered that there are some good videos about Scribus for beginners:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMlT9C6xcDw (Getting Started with Scribus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4dTL1IwI4 (Scribus Lesson 2 Image Frames and properties)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTo_NZeOPqA (Scribus Lesson 3 Add text frames)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INVeoAx8J-g (Scribus Lesson 4 Add and remove pages)

and many more.

Maybe these videos will help you to get started with this fantastic publishing program.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
palmate