Recent posts

Слушай, приятель! Я в курсе,  собственно что ты размышляешь, для чего для тебя лазить по нашему веб-сайту, хотя давай-ка я поведаю тебе почему это круто, а?
https://alpha.prime-pc.md/good_info/68813

Во-1-х, тут ты посчитаешь вагон нужной инфы! Что бы ты ни находил - от советов по саморазвитию до лайфхаков для совершенствования обстановки - у нас все есть, что для тебя надо(надобно) для становления и вдохновения.

Но это еще не все! У нас здесь целое объединение, как клуб "Без Карантина", где тебе предоставляется возможность общаться с крутыми детьми, делиться средствами мыслями и получать поддержку в любой ситуации.

А еще на нашем сайте всегда что-то происходит! Акции, конкурсы, онлайн-мероприятия - в общем, все, дабы ты не соскучился и практически постоянно оставался в курсе самых новых тенденций.

И, старина, не тяни кота за задолженность! Загляни на наш вебсайт и давай совместно развиваться, общаться и веселиться! Я не сомневается, ты тут найдешь для себя на самом деле крутых друзей и море позитива!
Beginner Talk / Re: Ability to print reader pa...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 01:52:22 PM
Ok this is archaic I know, but I was searching for this issue and thought I could bump the post.

I also am familiar with the export option that Indesign has (print as spread) and I was looking for it with scribus.

I looked up jpdf tweaks and it requires oracle's java......
The scribus wiki printing page points to pstops (cli)

But a checkbox in scribus pdf export would bi so much easier, than export as single pages and make the imposition with another program.

For my work, I am producing a book cover, following a clever technique where three pages are put alongside in a spread, back cover, spine and front cover. This is so that the spine width can be easily adjusted and of crs cos it looks good in a spread. Then during export just need to check (spread) and the resulting file is a combined 3 pages that can go straight to the book printers and not fail their validation.

Text and Typography / Re: How to move text start poi...
Last post by Orbspider - April 22, 2024, 11:18:06 AM
@MrB, great idea! I just found that out today as well!
Last post by MrB - April 21, 2024, 10:32:41 PM
On the Text Properties window, go to the Path Text Properties, and change the "Start Offset" value to move the text along the frame.
Last post by PatJr - April 21, 2024, 03:54:36 PM
sounds interesting
could you post up a sample sla file with some examples?
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 12:08:58 PM
Oops, meant ctrl-drag. Anyway I noticed that when editing the polygon shape after text to path, it is now a line with start end points. So the better question should be, how would one move the start point of a polygon shape?
As when you draw a polygon box the start is always top left it seems??
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 08:47:28 AM
Ok, a quick work round, that achieves the result that I need in this case, I rotated the polygon 'box' by 270 deg, which made it long, and then resized it by clicking shape edit and shift-dragging corners to become tall to fill the page margin.

But this is not a work around for any unusual shapes that can't bi rotated,  obviously.

Ps, I am not enjoying the post verification with letters that ark hidden and obscured and then my post fails because I got it wrong!
Text and Typography / [SOLVED] How to move text star...
Last post by Orbspider - April 21, 2024, 07:50:31 AM
Hi, I have some text around a polygon, using 'attach text to path'. The polygon is basically a frame near margin of Page, on a book cover. At the moment the default start point of text is at top left of the said box. But I need it to move over to the top right corner.

Any tricks to accomplish this? I would expect there to bi an anchor handle that can bi dragged around the path/shape.

Ps, captcha was a horrible pain during sign up with blurry images!

Oh no! More blurry letters bellow that I can't read!
Tutorials, Tips and How-Tos / Re: Moving image inside shape
Last post by Erik96 - April 20, 2024, 09:51:28 AM
thx a lot.
this worked , I can scale and rotate the image now. Perfect !!!
Tutorials, Tips and How-Tos / Re: Moving image inside shape
Last post by utnik - April 20, 2024, 08:54:49 AM
hi erik

take a look at the 'content properties' (f3).

utnik