Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Re: Making a book with PDF mus...
Last post by santiclear - May 06, 2024, 10:47:56 PM
Quote from: Aleks100 on May 02, 2024, 10:29:24 PMFor start in "A5 Venite fedeli (Stefani-Wade) (accordi).pdf" colors are wrong.
They should be 100% Black - they are 300% mixture of CMYK.
In booklet every page with notes have same mistake.
Pages made in Scribus are fine, 100% Black as they should be.

Does all text have to be searchable?

Below is pdf converted to grayscale
I had not noticed that. In fact, all the PDF output from Musescore has registration black instead of K black.  :'(

Hi-res pngs work fine, of course (they are large); have still not tried what Scribus does with MuseScore's SVGs, which are quite heavy as well.
Unfortunately, these are all workarounds which do not allow me to keep text searchable.
User Interface / Re: Thoughts on Workflow and S...
Last post by beredis - May 06, 2024, 09:07:41 PM
Scribus, being an open-source platform, has its own set of strengths, especially when it comes to creating print-ready files and precise document setup. However, as you've pointed out, the speed of workflow can be a hurdle for many users. Your suggestion to focus on improving this aspect could significantly benefit the Scribus community, potentially making it a more attractive option for professionals accustomed to the rapid iteration capabilities of other design software.
Beginner Talk / Re: [SOLVED] Setting paragraph...
Last post by debbieV - May 06, 2024, 01:47:56 PM
Thank you!
Beginner Talk / Table of Content
Last post by tobiascock - May 06, 2024, 01:42:03 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to Scribus and have encountered a challenge regarding the Table of Contents feature.

I've successfully created a TOC using text frames with attributes. However, I've run into an issue when attempting to add these text frames with attributes as inline objects inside another text frame. Unfortunately, when I do this, the headers are no longer displayed in the TOC.

My intention behind inserting the text frames as inline objects is to create a document that behaves more like a Word document. I'm linking multiple text frames across different pages, ensuring that if an inline object (the text frame with the header text and TOC attribute) is pushed down to the next page, the TOC updates automatically with the correct page number.

My question is: Is it possible to achieve this functionality with Scribus? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Beginner Talk / Re: Setting paragraph break in...
Last post by a.l.e - May 06, 2024, 11:15:42 AM
probably, the "problem" is that you have activated the baseline grid, which forces the text to align to it.

if you really want a space after that paragraph you need to:

- disable the alignment to the baseline grid for the next paragraph, or
- define a space below that is a multiple of the baseline grid

depending on the reasons why you choose to activate the baseline grid, you might want to mark the new paragraphs with an indent rather than a space above.
Beginner Talk / [SOLVED] Setting paragraph bre...
Last post by debbieV - May 06, 2024, 09:12:52 AM
Hi
Very new to Scribus (version 1.4.7) and I am having trouble with getting a style correct. Don't seem to be able to get a narrow break between paragraphs. Not matter if I even type in a 0.50 it is still a large one.

Am I missing something?? ;D

Also, when I move a text frame it sometimes puts a space at the top even though I don't have a space set in the style its when I adjust the height etc
Last post by Aleks100 - May 02, 2024, 10:29:24 PM
For start in "A5 Venite fedeli (Stefani-Wade) (accordi).pdf" colors are wrong.
They should be 100% Black - they are 300% mixture of CMYK.
In booklet every page with notes have same mistake.
Pages made in Scribus are fine, 100% Black as they should be.

Does all text have to be searchable?

Below is pdf converted to grayscale
Last post by PatJr - May 02, 2024, 10:17:33 PM
Quote from: Nermander on May 02, 2024, 04:47:51 PM
Quote from: santiclear on April 29, 2024, 11:18:15 PMWhat am I doing wrong?

If I am not wrong, a PDF can be added to a Scribus document in different ways. Did you try to import the PDF into an image frame?

Because I think otherwise the contents of the PDF is imported as individual objects.

But I am not sure if importing it to an image frame causes it to be rasterized.

I tried it, the pdf imported/opened as a vector graphic. I looked OK but all the text was outlined and you couldn't used a text search on it. I think that's the end goal here for the op, text searching the exported pdf after it's assembled in scribus.
Last post by Nermander - May 02, 2024, 04:47:51 PM
Quote from: santiclear on April 29, 2024, 11:18:15 PMWhat am I doing wrong?

If I am not wrong, a PDF can be added to a Scribus document in different ways. Did you try to import the PDF into an image frame?

Because I think otherwise the contents of the PDF is imported as individual objects.

But I am not sure if importing it to an image frame causes it to be rasterized.
Last post by Aleks100 - May 01, 2024, 03:30:57 PM
Pdf is container for everything (and anything).
Have you tried to export in svg format, or even png in high resolution - grayscale 450dpi for example?