Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 now files save as image greyed out.

Previous topic - Next topic

glenm

Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 now files save as image greyed out.
I am trying to work on a file created on Ubuntu 20? . I can open the file and make changes etc but when I attempt to save as an image the option is greyed out.
PDF export works.

AdmFubar

what version of scribus? was this a clean install? or a in-place update?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

glenm

Thanks for the reply.
The new version of Scribus is 1.5.8 and the old version was 1.5.5.
I had used the upgrade option from the update manager in Xubuntu.
Then I installed a completely new Ubuntu 22.04.1 on my other computer and it doesn't work there either. It also uses the 1.5.8 version of Scribus.
So I installed Xubuntu 20.04.5 on my other computer and it works using Scribus 1.5.5.

I am guessing the problem is with the import plugin or the export image plugin in 1.5.8.

glenm

Trying things out and have found if I embed all the images in one of my old documents version 1.5.8 can export the document to an image.

glenm

Solved!

Sorry for not trying all of these sooner but I have found that if the layer I am working on has images and is locked Scribus 1.5.8 cannot export the file to an image.
If I unlock the layer it will export the document to an image.

Should I leave this post here incase others have a similar problem?

AdmFubar

Yes leave it here!  Also you should file a bug report, so the developers can look into it.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

glenm

Thanks. I filed a bug report.
Issue ID:                   16902

PatJr

I had a similar problem, it was vodoo to me but if I ungrouped the contents it would export the image file.

It would be nice if some of the pre-press stuff was available like crop marks was available in the export but could just do stuff like that with a pdf,  pdftopng would get me there.

glenm

According to the bug reporting website my issue has been fixed in version 1.5.9.