Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Open Dialog Box → Open Exi...
Last post by utnik - July 07, 2024, 12:13:17 PM
yes, tis is a mac-only-problem.
if i remember right, there was a bug report a couple of years ago. (but no solution so far...)

utnik
Beginner Talk / Re: [SOLVED] How to create 4 p...
Last post by Nermander - July 07, 2024, 11:15:01 AM
As mentioned before, there are probably dozens of programs you can install locally that will fix this.

If if is just for your own printing, your PDF viewer may be able to print booklets without any additional tools.
Text and Typography / Re: bullet points not saving b...
Last post by PatJr - July 07, 2024, 04:50:27 AM
if you don't have too many of them, make a 'fake bullet style' just a tab stop, apply it to the paragraphs that need bulleted and then just place the exotic character in the bullet position, cut and paste as needed
you can make a character style for the bullet
someone else might, probably does, have a better solution

Last post by Dr. Mindermast - July 07, 2024, 02:42:44 AM
So no fix then?  Just re-do it right before I export the finished product?
Last post by PatJr - July 07, 2024, 02:31:48 AM
scribus seems to be a bit weak on that
should have a 'bullet character' style but it just follows the paragraph style
Text and Typography / bullet points not saving betwe...
Last post by Dr. Mindermast - July 06, 2024, 10:55:35 PM
Using Scribus 1.6.1 on Windows 11

For my current project, I found a cool glyph that I want to use as a custom bullet point.  It's not available in the font that I am using for the main text, so what I have been doing for the bullet lists is opening up Story Editor and manually changing the font for each @ (indicating the bullet points).  This works exactly how I want while I have the document open - the custom bullet points appear in the text how I want them, and the rest of the text stays in the other font like I want it to, and everything looks good.  But when I save, close the document, and open it again later on, it reverts to the default font and all the bullet points vanish.  This has happened every time since I began working on this document.  If I go through the process again, the bullets appear again, and then disappear the next time I close the document.  It's getting kind of annoying.  Is there something I should be doing differently so that Scribus will stop losing my one-character font change, or is this just a bug that will need to be patched in a future version?
Last post by PatJr - July 06, 2024, 09:00:11 PM
1.6.1 on fedora 40, installed from the fedora repos
seemed to work just fine
Last post by apastuszak - July 06, 2024, 07:49:40 PM
Quote from: AdmFubar on July 06, 2024, 07:48:11 PMWorks here for me, but using the .1 version. Might be a mac only issue. Hopefully we will hear from others about this.

I'll try it on Windows and see if it works.
Last post by AdmFubar - July 06, 2024, 07:48:11 PM
Works here for me, but using the .1 version. Might be a mac only issue. Hopefully we will hear from others about this.
Beginner Talk / Re: variable text on master pa...
Last post by PatJr - July 06, 2024, 03:14:54 PM
I think it's possible but imho it would just be easier to make a new master page for each chapter.