Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Installation and Setup / Autosave is activated, not working
« Last post by JohnJR on May 06, 2021, 10:14:52 pm »
Hi,

Twice in the past week and once before in trying to apply pagination (not detailed or addressed herein) I have had Scribus crash: "Crash-Signal 6" twice in the past week and "Crash-Signal 11" in the past with iMac OS-X 10.13.6 and Scribus 1.5.2.

In both recent cases in Scribus Recovery three Master Pages have not been saved (deleted) and their application in the document has also not been saved (deleted).  Other Master Pages created before and after the three not-saved Master Pages are preserved and are still applied in the document.

Autosave is activated in both Preferences and in Document Setup (every 10 minutes).  I chose the default save to the original document in the Autosave dialog box rather than an option that seemed to suggest autosaves could be to a seperate document.  I have also been using File>Save at the end of every session since the first of the recent crashes.  The three lost Master Pages and their application are not involved in the pagination issues, they are all front matter and carry no page numbers.

Rebuilding these Master Pages and their application is not a great loss, but a real pain.

What went wrong?

Thanks,

Installation and Setup / Autosave is activated, not working
« Last post by JohnJR on May 06, 2021, 09:45:12 pm »
Hi,

This problem has arisen twice for me in the last week.  Issues with pagination (not detailed or addressed herein) has caused Scribus to "Crash-Signal 6" (twice) and once in the past "Crash-Signal 11".  In the past I was using some version of 1.4 and now am using 1.5.2., iMac OS-X 10.13.6 and in the past OS-X 10.12.6.

I have Autosave activated in both Scribus Preferences and in Document Setup (every 10 minutes).  In both of the 1.5.2 crashes this week Scribus Recovery has not saved (deleted) three Master Pages and those three Master Pages no longer appear in the document to which they were applied.  I don't know if it matters, but none of these Master Pages were templates created elsewhere.

Some other Master Pages besides these, created before and after the not-saved three, are preserved.  In the Autosave dialog it indicates that I can assign another document name to the autosave, I choose the default autosave to the document itself.

Since this happened the first time I've regularly also employed File>Save at the end of each session.  Also I might add that the not-saved pages or their application are not involved in the pagination issues that caused the crashes, they were all front matter.

Recreating them and re-applying them is not a lot of work, but a pain.

What is going wrong?

Thanks,
Raster and Vector Graphics / Newbeginner guide?
« Last post by lmh1 on May 06, 2021, 05:32:40 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yfulR0XLv0

Did it easy way to add vector from gimp or inckscape?

Issue i get if i use Svg files its show as picture not vector. and i get issue not possible to import everthing (Unsupported features)
Beginner Talk / How to add support for indesign and illustrator?
« Last post by lmh1 on May 05, 2021, 02:07:07 pm »
Hi tryed to add bug:
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=16559

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1956648
As far as upgrade of the package or its capabilities are concerned - you need
to ask scribus package authors / maintainers.

So its anyone that have know how and why to fix? Gimp or https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/Document_viewer  is better why?

Its look like its hard to get answer from IRC or other channel?
Installation and Setup / Re: Installation - Issues about Italian language
« Last post by bovirus on May 04, 2021, 03:41:52 pm »
In NSIS file these items are not translated and not set multilanguage strings

InstType Full
InstType Minimal

Section "Scribus Files (required)" ; Section_0
Section "Additional fonts" ; Section_4
Section "Desktop Shortcut" ; Section_6
Section /o "Shortcuts for All Users" ; Section_7

DetailPrint "Installing Scribus Files..."
DetailPrint "Installing runtimes..."
DetailPrint "Installing Antiword in application directory..."
DetailPrint "Installing Python files..."
DetailPrint "Installing additionnal fonts..."
DetailPrint "Registering file association..."
DetailPrint "Installing Desktop shortcut..."

All these strings should be transformed as translatable string. Example

InstType $(LSTR_92)
InstType Minimal $(LSTR_93)

LangString LSTR_92 1033 "Full"
LangString LSTR_93 1033 "Minimal"

Thanks.
Installation and Setup / Re: Installation - Issues about Italian language
« Last post by bovirus on May 04, 2021, 03:11:58 pm »
Other screenshots

Question:

Where can I find the list of etxt strings used in NSIS installer script?

Where can I find the latest Italian .ts langaueg file (foile for scribus GUI)?
Installation and Setup / Installation - Issues about Italian language
« Last post by bovirus on May 04, 2021, 03:09:58 pm »
Hello.

Scribus 1.5.7.

Seems that there are some issues about Installer and language strings.
Selecting Italiana s language I can found these issues.

- Uninstall previous version is in English (not translated in Italian).
- New installation ahs some strings untranslated.

Please check screenshots.

Beginner Talk / Column/page break odd behaviour -
« Last post by CheckmateBasilisk on May 04, 2021, 02:43:56 am »
I'm using column and page breaks in one of my projects along with many different paragraph styles. I'm a little confused about the way they work.  :(

- What I need: a Col/Page Break at the end of a line (before the return) so the next can have a different style.
- What is happening: the return character gets applied AFTER the Col/Page Break, so there's a leftover empty line before the next one begins in the next page or column. As if it was not enough, the spacing below gets applied AFTER the return, so there's additional leftover space!

Workarounds:
- For pages I can use unlinked text frames. Works but I really don't like that approach.
- I can apply the Col/Page Break at the beginning of the next line. Doesn't work properly since often there's background color in that next line, so it bleeds to the previous col/page.

It is understandable why this happens, but shouldn't Column/Page Breaks consume the spacing and the return character and THEN break the column/page? How can I do that?

https://imgur.com/mcuhY1F

PS: sorry if there's something wrong with the post. Never interacted through forums in my life .-.

PS2: there's a bug report about that dating from 2007 with latest activity dating from 2017. 10 years and no progress on this...
https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=5366
General Discussion / Re: How to add new words to spell dictionary?
« Last post by Miller on May 03, 2021, 02:23:44 pm »
I'm on Ubuntu 20.04 and I use Scribus with official AppImage (all very nice). The spell checking feature is cool but when it detected a false positive I want to add this word in my personal dictionary (I know that Scribus uses hunspell) but the tool doesn't have the option for make that.

Anyone has a tip for add words to dictionary on Linux?

Hello,
I have the same problem. I would be glad to any advice.
Thanks.
MacOS / Empty cache?
« Last post by toyotadesigner on May 03, 2021, 01:07:10 pm »
I am running Scribus SVN Scribus15xNightly_Mojave-20210411-r24621 on macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 (19H1030).

From time to time I check the User Library, where I found a Scribus Cache.

Does Scribus empty this cache automatically, or can I manually remove the cache folders?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10