Scribusoid

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Features / Re: Screen readable results - even with tables
« Last post by AdmFubar on September 06, 2022, 10:01:14 pm »
Dug around the scripter documentation in scribus. this might be a solution for you. this was in the 1.5.6 version of scribus. check the docs if you are using a different version
 [/size]Importing Tables from Calc
Since Scribus’s table implementation is rather simple, it may be more convenient to create a table in a dedicated spreadsheet application like OpenOffice.org Calc. Here’s a step-by-step instruction for successful table import from Calc:
1. Create your table in either OpenOffice.org Calc:
2. Copy the table items you need in Scribus (i.e., not the whole spreadheet) to the clipboard, create a new OpenOffice.org Draw document, and use Edit > Paste Special > GDI Metafile to insert the table as a vector file into Draw:
« Last post by AdmFubar on September 06, 2022, 07:29:21 pm »
Will this table information be static or have live updates?A script for importing csv data could be implemented, which might be outside your abilities. But not to difficult to implement. How soon is your deadline for completion?.
Details on the amount of information you are looking to fill a table, number of columns and rows?, how many characters per cell? as page size will limit how much information can be displayed on a page.I'm sure there are points that are missing, but it is what i can think of off the top of my head. You know the data amounts better then us. Post a few more details about its characteristics.
« Last post by RodneyLee on September 06, 2022, 02:59:34 pm »
did you try .PNG or .SVG as suggested, if so did it work at all?

My recommendation, as stated above, would be to create tables in something like LibreOffice Calc and export them - as PNG/SVG/etc. - for import into Scribus. There are way more formatting options.
Features / Screen readable results - even with tables
« Last post by Flaxx on September 06, 2022, 01:14:14 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks first for the efforts developing Scribus for quite a while now. However, if this part of the forum is sort of a wish list I like to extend it.

I'm working on a possibility to transfer the usual content of an internal information paper for a NPO (it's a club for elder people) to Scribus. At the moment there are people using MS Word integrating each month between 20 and 48 pages from different sources (which is a pure pain usually). My general template is almost ready, however I don't have no solution transferring tables, being produced with office programs (I'm using LibreOffice) in a way being readable with screen readers used by visually handicapped or even blind members.

My recommendation, as stated above, would be to create tables in something like LibreOffice Calc and export them - as PNG/SVG/etc. - for import into Scribus. There are way more formatting options.

The above mentioned method looks good, but doesn't work - for obvious reasons, of course.

When importing PDF, I didn't find up to now a method formatting the included text in a way not being screwed up. This is true even if I formatted the source to the standard text format being used in Scribus (font and it's size). I even tried to transfer it to SVG including text - with no avail as SVG-import can cause similar trouble as well.

Finally, even if I would like to fulfil the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, all is done on a pure voluntary base having limits regarding the possible efforts.

Any idea or solution i welcome, but most appreciated would be a "perfect" PDF-import or an internal table handling offering more options.
Raster and Vector Graphics / Re: .jpg or .tif - black and white scans
« Last post by AdmFubar on September 01, 2022, 09:44:46 pm »
jpg's are lossy. line drawings will have artifacts in them from using jpg format. Tiff is good, so will png or gif formats.
PDF Generation / Re: Issue creating PDF form with checkboxes
« Last post by cypher_null on September 01, 2022, 09:03:19 am »
I have found this forum post as I have the exact same problem with checkboxes created in Scribus 1.5.8

Has this issue ever been adressed?

I have tried to set the checkbox value in JS but this did not work

Code: [Select]
var checkbox = this.getField("Checkbox30");
if(checkbox.checked === false) {
checkbox.checked = true;
checkbox.value = "On";
} else {
checkbox.checked = false;
checkbox.value = "Off";
}
Text and Typography / Re: Curved text
« Last post by soso on August 30, 2022, 10:07:13 pm »
I found a solution. Making the polygon in layer 1, make a besiercurve in layer two and attach text.
Thank for you participation.
Best regards
Søren
« Last post by soso on August 30, 2022, 09:45:53 pm »
Thanks Utnik.
The text flipped to the outside. But text is still inverted. I cannot find the invert mechanism.
« Last post by utnik on August 30, 2022, 06:34:02 am »
Ok I got a solution that works! for me at least, lets see if it works for you.
Create your line text, and it the properties, to a horizontal flip of the text frame. :) Next attach it to the path shape you want. I  your case the ring you are using.When you attach it it wont be right, the text base will be attached to the outer edge, but on the inside of it.Now go to the text dialog, and in the path text properties, second last option is flip text, click the selection box. Your text should be on a path the right way. Use the start offset to adjust where you want it along the path..

…or just flip the circle (with the attached text)…

utnik
« Last post by AdmFubar on August 30, 2022, 05:24:09 am »
Ok I got a solution that works! for me at least, lets see if it works for you.
Create your line text, and it the properties, to a horizontal flip of the text frame. :) Next attach it to the path shape you want. I  your case the ring you are using.When you attach it it wont be right, the text base will be attached to the outer edge, but on the inside of it.Now go to the text dialog, and in the path text properties, second last option is flip text, click the selection box. Your text should be on a path the right way. Use the start offset to adjust where you want it along the path.. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
palmate