Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Beginner Talk / Can't select multiple checkboxes
« Last post by rjantz on October 18, 2022, 08:06:51 pm »
Hi,
I'm using Scribus 1.5.8 on Arch. When I create a pdf form with checkboxes, only one checkbox can be selected at a time.

Any previous checkbox selected will be unchecked automatically. I have not created any actions in the properties of the checkboxes. I've tested by creating a new file, create two checkboxes, then export as pdf. In the pdf reader, after putting a checkmark in the 1st box, when I click the 2nd checkbox, the checkmark in the 1st box is automatically removed.

I also tested the same steps in version 1.4.8 with the same results. Any ideas? Thanks.
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Image Advanced Wizard
« Last post by Watkins on October 18, 2022, 01:38:30 pm »
Hi @AdmFubar - thank you for your reply and for bringing this to light.

Our coding knowledge in python is incredibly limited and I don't have the faintest idea where to start in rectifying this script - is there anyone who would be able to edit this to get it working?

To be honest, the functions we require are to scale multiple images to fit frame proportionally and to replace multiple images at once - if we could at least get this working that would be excellent.

Hope you're keeping well and thanks again for your time!
Beginner Talk / Auto Hyphenate in Scribus
« Last post by seaport on October 18, 2022, 10:42:31 am »
I am using Scribus 1.5.8 and have turned on Hyphenation Suggestions and Hyphenate Text Automatically during Typing options in Document Setup. But When I add text box and generate random text selecting English UK option it always shows a window for possible hyphenation. How to simply accept all the Hyphenations automatically?
Linux / Re: Glitch in story editor with mouse cursor
« Last post by utnik on October 18, 2022, 09:09:37 am »
hi lone mesquite

i just played with the story editor on a text heavy document in scribus 1.5.8 and 1.7.0.svn on mac os.
after changing something in the story editor i run with the mouse pointer across the open scribus document, did some manipulations in another application and went back to scribus and the story editor. i wasn't able to trigger your issue.

i recommend two things:
  • file a bug report.
  • don't use the story editor for standard tasks. in the last couple of years (maybe sice scribus 1.4 or a little bit later) i didn't use it any more. it's much more intuitive to work in the text frame with the 'text properties'
utnik
Linux / Glitch in story editor with mouse cursor
« Last post by Lone_Mesquite on October 18, 2022, 02:27:55 am »
Hello, fellow Scribus users. I love Scribus and have been using it for the typesetting fork of my editing business for over a year now. But there's been a recurring annoyance that I wanted to ask you long-time users about. When I open the story editor to load text or doing anything related, if I move my mouse cursor outside the story editor window, and then back in again, everything below where I was working inside the story editor glitches and disappears (there's blank white space in the editor, but not the text frame itself).

I have used versions 1.5.5, 1.5.6.1, and also 1.5.8, and it happens in all of these. I try not to move my cursor outside the story editor box when I open it, but it happens sometimes, and I have to close it out and reopen it again. It's frustrating. Does this occur for any of you? If so, is it an unavoidable quirk of Scribus or has this been addressed before by the development team and being worked on?
I hope I made sense in describing my issue. Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Lone_Mesquite
Scripts and Plugins / Re: Image Advanced Wizard
« Last post by AdmFubar on October 18, 2022, 12:22:07 am »
There are changes in the scribus pything api. Scribus now uses Python 3 now in the  1.5 series. these changes are probably what is impacting the functionality of this script.
Scripts and Plugins / Image Advanced Wizard
« Last post by Watkins on October 17, 2022, 11:44:02 pm »
In Scribus 1.5.8 (Windows x64), we are trying to use the 'Image Advanced Wizard' script from the official site and this error is appearing -

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 11, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 29
    print "This script requires Python's Tkinter properly installed."
                                                                    ^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to 'print'. Did you mean print("This script requires Python's Tkinter properly installed.")?

We edited the code and added the missing brackets which simply displays the error message correctly.

This was working fine on 1.4.8 and we had to upgrade to 1.5.8 to be able to retain PNG image transparency - all the other scripts work just fine, this is the only one which is not working.

The script was obtained from here - https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Image_Wizard_Advanced

Any help on getting this working again would be thoroughly appreciated as this has completely broken our workflow - many thanks for your time!
Text and Typography / Re: Wrapping text around grouped object
« Last post by AdmFubar on October 17, 2022, 09:29:54 pm »
Works just fine for me in scribus 1.5.6. What version are you using?
That's a bit like saying "I have a stove and would welcome forum members receommendations and advice on what to cook on it".

I would suggest reading a book on typography and graphic design.
Text and Typography / Re: Wrapping text around grouped object
« Last post by RodneyLee on October 17, 2022, 03:40:30 pm »
Tried it, but I could not do it, I could fake it using another object on top which would divert the text in desired shape, I didn't try merging objects...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10