Recent posts

Text and Typography / Re: Automate Importing text wi...
Last post by MrB - June 13, 2024, 11:14:53 PM
There is an Importer second from the bottom left. Choose Text Filters. With your file to import selected, click ok. Then another window will pop up and allow you to set up the filter actions.
Last post by Erik96 - June 13, 2024, 10:07:11 PM
Thank you very much for your answer. Exactly this import filter I am looking for. I am using Scribus 1.5.8. I am doing the following: File --> Import --> Get Text. In the window which now is open I do not find the import filter. Maybe I am looking at the wrong place ? I am sure I am missing something ... but what ?
Thx a lot

Last post by MrB - June 13, 2024, 09:36:35 PM
When importing, there is an option to choose the Import Filter, and you can choose the one called "Text Filter". It enables you to process the text as it is imported. This might be what you want. It might be what you are referring to in those old instructions. I don't think anyone worked on that much in that time so it should still work as described.
Text and Typography / Automate Importing text with s...
Last post by Erik96 - June 13, 2024, 02:45:11 PM
I need to import text with contains very simple markups. &HL; for Headline and &Ti; for Title. I could preprocesses these markups to anything scribus likes. I already have defined in scribus styles for the title and headline. How can I automate the import process so that the text gets imported correctly ?
I found instructions for these, but the instructions have more than 10 years of life, so scribus changed in the meantime.
Thank you very much
yours,
Erik
Free discussion / Re: A lil something from XKCD
Last post by david2658 - June 13, 2024, 08:10:06 AM
Thanks for making my work a lot easier. your post are appreciated.
MacOS / Re: Preferences gray out for 1...
Last post by MrB - June 12, 2024, 08:58:16 PM
I'd suggest trying to run Scribus in English as a test. You can do that from the command line eg "scribus -l en".

Or in the prefs150.xml (example name), check for similar text:
                <context name="user_preferences">
                        <attribute key="gui_language" value="en_US"/>

Having ensured Scribus is closed, change the value there as above, and reopen Scribus.
Installation and Setup / Re: Scribus 1.6.1 high CPU and...
Last post by Lemuria - June 12, 2024, 06:21:12 PM
Update: A few days ago I got an SSD and the problem dissipated entirely. I guess it fixed itself right there and then.
Last post by reckoz - June 12, 2024, 11:17:46 AM
Just realize that images can be attached ...

Here is the screenshot. The red box indicates the unclickable preferences. I hope the item can be told from the shortcut denotation on the side despite the Chinese interface.
Last post by reckoz - June 12, 2024, 05:00:03 AM
I'm sorry for not making it clear. For the 'preferences button' I referred to where one can change the settings of icons, shortcuts, interfaces, etc. ... I am using the Chinese version, and I supposed 'preferences' is the word in English. It is not a button but an item in the 'Scribus' menu on the top bar in Mac OS. The keyboard shortcut to open the preference window is COMMAND+,
However, neither way works. I will try to find a host to upload a screenshot.

PDF Generation / Re: PDFs greater than 4Gb 'nee...
Last post by AdmFubar - June 12, 2024, 04:10:45 AM
Quote from: kiwi_steve on June 12, 2024, 02:11:00 AMI might try making some large images and then making a new 'book' for them, and try to replicate the problem outside of this project.  I'll also try Scribus 1.6 (which I can't use for this one because I started in 1.5.8, and if I try to open it in 1.6 it crashes every time.  I might try a build of 1.7 maybe...
something is broken in that file, it should load into 1.6 without a hitch.
have you tried a print preview in scribus?