Easiest way to place text precisely in the middle of a frame (stable vers 1.4.8)

Previous topic - Next topic

AdmFubar

The work around would be to add a filled frame graphic behind the text, sized to match your needs. Out of curiosity, what exactly is the use case you are trying to solve for with this text layout? And why the need for the text frame to be placed so tight to the text?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

T-buch

Quote from: AdmFubar on February 24, 2023, 10:55:46 PMThe work around would be to add a filled frame graphic behind the text, sized to match your needs. Out of curiosity, what exactly is the use case you are trying to solve for with this text layout? And why the need for the text frame to be placed so tight to the text?

Thanks for your reply.
What you suggest is actually also how I have solved the task so far. Which is also evident from this thread. (But The thread is a lttle bit long, I know)
But obviously, if there was a way to skip a link, that would be preferable

Why I want it in this way? Because that's the taste that I have. You know the design that I like. This is probably also what characterizes a good DTP program - that it can do the things in an easy way of that the user has pictured in his head :-)

AdmFubar

I tried converting a graphic element to a text frame, but from what i could see this gives the same results as starting with a text frame.

I was thinking it might be an issue with having the font alignment looking more even in the frame. I had an issue like that and solved it be using caps, actually using caps and small caps, and the ascenders and descenders made the line look uneven in the frame. Keep in mind that most fonts have the spacing for them, the frame will always look somewhat offset from them.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist