Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Re: Making a book with PDF mus...
Last post by Aleks100 - Today at 09:01:08 AM
Not registration black - 4x100% ink.
It is a rich black for extra black offset printing.
I have also tried to import individual pdfs as curves (loosing all text) in Scribus and it looks fine, but I have not tested it in Acrobat.
Layout Issues / Re: Flipping an image in a fra...
Last post by utnik - Today at 06:27:24 AM
hi admfubar

i think this function is missing (and might be handy in some cases...)

utnik
Beginner Talk / Re: Making all 100% black over...
Last post by beredis - May 10, 2024, 11:33:30 PM
For setting all 100% black objects to overprint in SVG files, you can use Adobe Illustrator, which typically sets black objects to overprint by default. You can adjust this setting for individual objects or change the document's overprint settings. Autodesk Civil 3D 2023 low-cost deal. If you're using a different software, you might want to check if there's a similar feature available. To step through the properties of all objects in an SVG file, you could use a script or a plugin designed for your specific vector graphics editor. For example, in Illustrator, you can use the 'Edit Colors' function to overprint black across the entire document.
Installation and Setup / Re: Scribus 1.6.1 Dark Mode in...
Last post by AdmFubar - May 10, 2024, 09:59:51 PM
Recently upgraded to openSUSE 15.6, and started a fresh kde settings, have many years of kruft built up in my settings.
Now with a clean set of settings in kde, kvantum works nicely. Thought i'd share another shot of scribus using another kvantum theme.

Layout Issues / Flipping an image in a frame, ...
Last post by AdmFubar - May 10, 2024, 08:03:38 PM
I want to make sure there isn't a straightforward way of doing this that i am missing. Is there a simple way of doing this?  I've figured out a work around, it requires a few steps, but I was hoping for something simple.

If not this it candidate for and additional feature to scribus.
General Discussion / Re: Master Page, not editable
Last post by Nermander - May 10, 2024, 01:29:16 PM
Master pages in Scribus are essentially "page backgrounds".

If you want page templates, have a look at the scrapbook.
General Discussion / Master Page, not editable
Last post by rethus - May 10, 2024, 01:14:20 PM
I have create a document which contain 2 sample pages, Landscape, and Portrait.
They also contain a given Text-Box-Structure I need for any new page.

If I add a page and use "Add Master-Page" from Mouse-Context-Menu, the page appear (with all it's textboxes), but I can not edit those Textboxes on the new page.

Why is that?

If I loog into the Layers Section, there is anything open to edit (means the Column with LOCK isn't activated).

Any suggestions how to fix this?
Beginner Talk / Re: Table of Content
Last post by NathanUp - May 09, 2024, 05:15:36 PM
This sounds like it may warrant a bug report.
General Discussion / Re: When to use Scribus?
Last post by NathanUp - May 09, 2024, 04:51:48 PM
Quote from: utnik on March 11, 2024, 06:32:55 PMi use scribus for most print projects (flyers, brochures, books...)

what i really like in scribus is the microtypography (and – of course – the high quality .pdf generation...)

Same here. I really wish the hanging punctuation issue were solved though!
General Discussion / Re: Hiring Scribus Experts for...
Last post by NathanUp - May 09, 2024, 04:49:59 PM
Just adding my two cents here — if your current designer is used to photoshop, I'd seriously consider using Krita instead of the GNU Image Manipulation Program. The interface is miles better and it has some key features that they might expect, such as adjustment / filter layers. Support for PSD files in Krita is also excellent.