Recent posts

Beginner Talk / Color of text selection is whi...
Last post by Jokel - July 25, 2024, 09:16:05 PM
Hey folks, selected text is white. How do I change that to maybe blue, like in most videos seen? thanks in advance. (no need for text background or highlight, just selection color)
General Discussion / Looking for Advice on Using Sc...
Last post by Jessy - July 25, 2024, 06:16:09 PM
Hello Everyone 8),

I'm contacting you for help with import and structuring data tables because I'm new to Scribus. A project I'm working on calls for the inclusion of multiple detailed tables, however I'm having some trouble making sure they import correctly and are displayed correctly in my document.

Here's a quick rundown of my present procedure and the problems I'm having:

Bringing Tables into Excel:

• Excel is where I have my information in tables ready. I notice that formatting gets messed up when I try to import it into Scribus. Are there any particular actions or configurations I need to know about in order to preserve the original formatting while importing data?
  • What is the recommended file format (CSV, ODS, etc.) for import tables in Scribus?

Keeping the Integrity of the Table:

• Some of my own tables lose structure when they are imported; cells merge erroneously or the data aligns wrongly. Which procedures work best to maintain the integrity of tables?
  • Exist any particular tools or capabilities in Scribus that may be used to manage complex tables?

How to Format Tables in Scribus:

• I'm searching for tips on how to structure tables in Scribus so they appear good and are simple to read. I would really appreciate some advice on how to change the text alignment, border style, and cell sizes.
  • Exist any styles or templates that could make this process easier?

Managing Big Tables:

A few of my charts are quite big and take up several pages. What is the suggested method in Scribus for dealing with these tables? It would be especially helpful to have any advice on handling the footers and headers for these tables.

I've read through the Scribus manual and other internet resources, but I think more useful advice from seasoned users could address these issues. It would be really beneficial if you could provide any guidance, instructions, or minitab examples.

Thank you in advance.
Text and Typography / typografie komt niet mee
Last post by VHLHB - July 25, 2024, 04:01:38 PM
Ik gebruik Sribus al jaren voor de opmaak van ons historisch magazine. Als ik tekst vanuit Word naar scribus overbreng dan komt sommige typografie niet mee, zoals cursief en voetnoten. Hoe los ik dat op.

--

I have been using Sribus for years to create our historical magazine. When I transfer text from Word to Scribus, some typography is not included, such as italics and footnotes. How do I solve that?
Scripts and Plugins / Rotation inside an image frame
Last post by BS69 - July 25, 2024, 03:55:40 PM
Hi,
I would like to read and write the rotation value of the image inside the frame (not the rotation value of the frame).
Scripts and Plugins / insert page number via script
Last post by snew - July 25, 2024, 09:47:34 AM
I'm trying to create a script that generates a simple header and footer but i can't see a way to script inserting a page number like i would manually via menu e.g. Insert > Character > Page Number. Is this possible?
Beginner Talk / Re: Insert ellipsis
Last post by a.l.e - July 23, 2024, 04:08:52 PM
indeed, it might be a good idea to have it in the list of "insert > character"

right now, you can insert it with

- insert > glyph
- expanding the "enhanced palette"
- and browse for the ellipsis character (or the type it's code: 2026)
General Discussion / Re: Could you please guide me ...
Last post by a.l.e - July 23, 2024, 03:58:11 PM
welcome to the scribus forums.

just write where you think it fit...
no need to worry too much about it.

we are not very picky.
(and if somebody has issue, there are ways to move around the posts).
Beginner Talk / Insert ellipsis
Last post by scriber - July 23, 2024, 03:26:59 PM
I load or paste various texts containing some "suspension dots". Proper typographic rule says that one single character is provided for "ellipsis", and we should prefer it over three single dots.

I wanted to replace three dots with ellipsis, but I cannot find under "insert - character", menu.

Do you know if is possible, and how to achieve this goal?

I'm on Scribus 1.6.2.

Thanks in advance!

General Discussion / Could you please guide me as a...
Last post by Jessy - July 23, 2024, 03:14:18 PM
Hello there,

This is my first post after just joining this discussion, so please forgive me and provide kind assistance if I have posted to the wrong subsection!

I am new here but a real enthusiast and loving this community so far. I have a background in teaching coding and in education and feel I could help with documentation, at least for starters.

As a new member in this forum and wish to share and gain some knowledge. I am looking forward to create my own discussion to resolve my query and gain some knowledge though I have taken part in various discussion which is definitely helped me a lot.

Also in what category should be taken depends on what factors? 🤔

Thank you 🙏 in advance.
Beginner Talk / Re: greyscale images still sho...
Last post by digirew - July 18, 2024, 07:43:39 PM
Thank you utnik,

From initial tests that seems to do the job perfectly!