How has Working with Scribus Open source benefited you?

Previous topic - Next topic

kaywilly

Hello everyone am new on here just a couple of weeks old and also on Scribus. Scribus to me is quite stable for an open source application I really expected a lot of bugs to jump right out but I must say that it takes a lot to make it break. I think that it can be attributed to the fact that it has a very robust community that constantly bring up its issues and hence they get fixed.
I'm doing a research on the benefits of working on open source applications would you like to shear a bit of your experience and how it has helped you in your work.
All contributions will be appreciated

Meho R.

Well, considering that I use FOSS for work too, not only for private use, you can guess what the benefit is ;) Discovery of Linux was the most significant IT-event in my life. I created a toolbox for my daily workflow which beats anything I could find and done earlier when I was using Windows. I finally felt like a fish in the water :D

kaywilly

:D Nice to here...But please could you explain what FOSS is? Thanks for your honest opinion. Am looking for ways I can contribute to the open source community being that am not really good in programming.  

Meho R.

Quote from: kaywilly on May 16, 2011, 09:43:06 PM
:D Nice to here...But please could you explain what FOSS is? Thanks for your honest opinion. Am looking for ways I can contribute to the open source community being that am not really good in programming.  
I'm not a programmer neither, but there are other ways to contribute: helping with documentation, creating new design, hunting bugs, suggesting new features, helping others, promoting the use of Free and Open Source software etc. Possibilities are limitless.

a.l.e

hi kaywilly,

if you want to contribute to scribus, please contact me per email at ale.comp_06@xox.ch and we will talk about your skills and what you could do for scribus!

ciao
a.l.e