Scribus > Beginner Talk

Print Preview Problem?

(1/1)

Buzby:
I seem to be having problems with the print preview feature, but being new to DTP in general and Scribus in particular, I am not sure if this is a bug or (more likely!) due to a user error.

I have noticed that things seem to "vanish" when I use print preview sometimes. When I export to a PDF (which I will primarily be doing anyway) all the items seem to be shown correctly however. I have attached a screen shot to illustrate this.

I am using Version 1.3.3.14, Build ID C-*-T-*-C-Windows.

So, my question is what am I doing wrong? Or is this simply a display bug and nothing for me to worry about as everything would print correctly?

Admin:

--- Quote from: Buzby on February 28, 2011, 06:57:45 pm ---I seem to be having problems with the print preview feature, but being new to DTP in general and Scribus in particular, I am not sure if this is a bug or (more likely!) due to a user error.

I have noticed that things seem to "vanish" when I use print preview sometimes. When I export to a PDF (which I will primarily be doing anyway) all the items seem to be shown correctly however. I have attached a screen shot to illustrate this.

I am using Version 1.3.3.14, Build ID C-*-T-*-C-Windows.

So, my question is what am I doing wrong? Or is this simply a display bug and nothing for me to worry about as everything would print correctly?

--- End quote ---

You are not likely doing anything wrong. Also, 1.3.3.14 is quite old, so you are advised to upgrade to 1.4.0rc1

Buzby:
Thanks!

I went with that version as it was listed as the most up to date stable one, but I'll try the release candidate and see :)

Nermander:
Looking at your screen dump I can see that in the Print preview you have NOT selected to show transparency. That might be the issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version