Scribus > Bitmap Images

SVG to png - poor quality

<< < (2/3) > >>

nwcon:
This may not be a Scribus issue, but since I'm not well versed in graphic design, my investigation began here.  You eluded to antialiasing for which there are some options when exporting from Scribus.  I'm trying to determine if there are other options and/or techniques to use in Scribus to generate a decent bitmap graphic.  This might very well be more of a PhotoShop or Gimp issue, but this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

Regards,
Mike

Arran:
Hi Mike

I just made in about a total of 10 minutes with your file and Gimp the necessary files for you.

If you have Gimp, you will use the xcf-files, Then you can decide yourself, if you want to have the white backlayer or not.  I made a set each of 100dpi for use on screens and 300 for use in print, all have a width of 2.5 inches (what a queer measurement, so complicated than the mertric meter  ;D)

If you print the invoices yourself, you will choose the 300 dpi file, if you present it as a HTML-file over a browser, then you use the 100 dpi file.

If you want to make a donation, you are welcome. You will find my email in my profile, else send me yours with a PM.

utnik:
hi mike

i think, your billing-software needs a graphical face lifting – 72ppi is not really up-to-date…
as long as you're limited at 180px, you should skip the text line and use 'cis' with the antenna only!

utnik

Arran:
Sorry, I forgot that you need a 72 dpi -file. So, here they are. thank you Utnik, to remind me about that.

Nermander:

--- Quote from: nwcon on February 09, 2013, 05:02:19 pm ---This may not be a Scribus issue, but since I'm not well versed in graphic design, my investigation began here.  You eluded to antialiasing for which there are some options when exporting from Scribus.  I'm trying to determine if there are other options and/or techniques to use in Scribus to generate a decent bitmap graphic.  This might very well be more of a PhotoShop or Gimp issue, but this is exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

--- End quote ---

Since you said you have a SVG, why don't you use Inkscape as I suggested? Scribus is intended for page layout, you are not laying out a page. SVG is a vector format, Inkscape is a vector drawing program that can export to bitmap, exactly what you need.

And Inkscape is as free as Scribus.

Don't hammer nails with a wrench just because that's what you have at hand. Get the hammer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version