Error Message

Previous topic - Next topic

rimutaka

Hi,

I have just downloaded Scribus 1.3.3.14 and when run this application an error message appears on screen (see attachment).

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hermanix

Hey!
Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 doesn't install into Win 8 Developer. Anybody noticed that?

a.l.e

this message does not mean that scribus is not correctly installed, but that it does not find ghostscript, which is used from the specific functions listed in the dialog.

if you're starting with scribus, there are good chances that you won't use them for now.

if you want them, just install ghostscript and tell scribus (file > preferences > external tools) where to find it.

hth
a.l.e

a.l.e

for the win 8 problem... we need more details...

what do you mean by "does not install"?

Hermanix

When I try to install Scribus, program unpacked files normaly, but then I got message: "You cannot install this software on your system."

I tied this at Windows Devwlop Preview (win8). Ithouhgt that it is nice to find this problem before the public version of win8  :D

a.l.e

hi hermanix,

you seem to be enrolled in a developer / tester program from microsoft.

as far i know, none of the scribus developers have access to the test versions of windows 8, so you're welcome to do some research and debugging to help them getting scribus to work on the future version of windows!

have a nice day
a.l.e

Waldfalke

May be old, but it was the only one i found listing this issue.

I just had the same topic with windows 8. Downloading and using the installer from softonic dot de causes this problem, downloading it from chip dot de does not. Is it a problem with them?

Greetings

utnik

Quote from: Waldfalke on June 19, 2014, 10:28:31 AM...using the installer from softonic dot de causes this problem, downloading it from chip dot de does not.

...and why not from the official site?

utnik