Wrap Text Onto Next Page

Previous topic - Next topic

WandersFar

I'm sure this is dead simple, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

I've created a blank .sla with three text frames oriented and linked the way I want my text to be printed (counter-clockwise). Now I want to create a new page with the EXACT SAME LAYOUT so text that overflows from one page will automatically link into the next page in the same layout as the original page.

So, I tried making this page into a Master Page and then inserting a clone of itself at the end of the document, but when I try to link the last text frame from the first page into the first text frame on the second page, it won't let me. In fact I can't click on any frames on the new page at all, I'm not even sure if the Master Page has preserved the linked frames from the original page. When I insert text into the first page, it cuts off at the last text frame on that page, it does not continue onto the next page.

So... how do I do this? How can I get text to wrap continuously onto succeeding pages following the layout I've established already in the first page.

Thanks for any input.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

The short answer is "You can't".

Scribus is designed to lay out pages one at a time. There is a feature called Automatic text frames, but it can only insert one text frame on each added page.

Objects on Master Pages are not editable, they work as a page background only.

The best way for what you want is probably to send a copy of the layout to the Scrapbook and then insert it onto every page. Then you will have to manually link the text frames to get the text to flow between pages.

strycat

Quote from: Nermander on December 30, 2012, 12:36:34 PM
The short answer is "You can't".
Actually according to http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Working_with_text_frames#Automatic_Text_Frame_Creation you can.

It worked for me (on 1.4.0 rc3), but I had to do it when I first created the document.  Also seems impossible to do if creating a document from a template.  I hope the developers fix it so you can do it anytime.

Nermander

As I wrote: "There is a feature called Automatic text frames, but it can only insert one text frame on each added page."

He wanted several text frames one each page, that is not possible using Automatic text frames. Automatic text frames will insert ONE frame one each page, at the size of the page margins.