wish: ability to add inline TeX

Previous topic - Next topic

chacha

First of all: Hello to the community, and congrats and thanks to the developers of such a fine program like Scribus.

Since I am going to use Scribus as a tool for writing technical documentations and presentations where a lot of mathematical and physical formulae are used, I would love to be able to insert LaTeX  output directly in a text line, very much the same as it is done  there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/help:TeX. I certainly would happy to have this functionality, and from what I know I think that a lot of others would like that too.

Thank you
chacha

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: chacha on April 21, 2011, 03:00:23 PMSince I am going to use Scribus as a tool for writing technical documentations and presentations where a lot of mathematical and physical formulae are used, I would love to be able to insert LaTeX  output directly in a text line, very much the same as it is done  there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/help:TeX. I certainly would happy to have this functionality, and from what I know I think that a lot of others would like that too.

Sounds like what you need is render frames. Render frames became possible in version 1.3.5, although I would recommend 1.4.0 RC3.
Linguistics on Linux!

chacha

Quote from: John_Jason_Jordan on April 22, 2011, 12:03:24 AM
Sounds like what you need is render frames. Render frames became possible in version 1.3.5, although I would recommend 1.4.0 RC3.

No, this is a different matter. I am new to Scribus and I am already working with 1.4.0 RC3. Render frames indeed are a superduperhypersopihisticated thing which I appreciate immensely. Indeed this was the most impressing feature of Scribus which made me a fan of Scribus on the spot!

No, I also need TeX renderings inside running text. I could use a small render frame and place it between the text later, but when I modify the text later, I would need to move all render frames to the places where they belong. This would be a horrible task to do.

Please see the wikipedia page to understand what I mean.