Curve (SVG) cut off by its frame

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidBrennan

(I'm a real novice to Scribus, just having started yesterday.)

I imported a .SVG into Scribus.  The SVG is a centerline trace of a signature.  Because it's just a single line, I need to expand its line width to make it look solid.  However, as I do expand its line width in Scribus, it then gets cut off at its border or frame. 

Below is a screencap illustrating this.

Does anybody know what I should do?  Thanks in advance.

utnik

hi david

i can't reproduce this problem on my system (mac os 10.6.8, scribus 1.4.1, curve from inkscape 0.48.2 in standard svg).
but i observe a bit a strange behavour here as well: when i change the line endings from 'flat cap' to 'round cap' they aren't displayed correct. when i change to preview mode or back from preview, or when i move the path a little bit, the problem is gone – looks like a screen display issue only.

but i think, your case is more serious – maybe you should file a bug report. (i'll check, if the display problem is worth a report too...)

utnik

DavidBrennan

Thanks for the reply, utnik.

I actually "solved" this problem somehow, although I don't think I was even aware of how it was fixed.

Ultimately, it WAS changed to "round cap", and I certainly moved the Item around a bit (both ideas you offered), and so it's very possible that some combination of those two ideas fixed it.

If the problem arises again and I can't fix it, I will indeed submit a Bug Report.  Thanks again.