2 sided printing option doesn't appear in print dialog

Previous topic - Next topic

philr

This is a new installation of Scribus 1.4.1 on OSX 10.8.2.  with a Brother HL-5250DN printer.  The printer driver is the latest one from the Brother website.
I'm trying to print on both sides of the page.  If I save the file as pdf and then print using Preview (or Adobe Reader) the print dialog shows the option for 2 sided and it prints correctly.  In Scribus however, there is some sort of generic print dialog which whole it does have a number of options, does not show the 2 sided print option.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Nermander

Printing from Scribus has problems, the recommenadation is to create a PDF and print from the PDF viewer.

richardpaulhall

I use Scribus 1.4.1. My printer is a Brother HL-4070, but things should be the same. I am running under Windows XP.

The "Setup Printer" screen from the Scribus "Print" menu item has a "Print Destination" box at the top. In there is a select box to choose the printer connected to the computer. Next to that is an "Options" button. That should bring up the Windows print dialogue where you can set up duplex printing.

Wena

I don't know if you printer has a duplex system, if it hasn't no amount of software will help.

HOWEVER, you can make a manual printing on the back of originally printed paper. My Samsong printer has no duplex on it but I find it quite easy to print both sides.

First I print all the ode pages, then turn the whole of them over and print the even said. Adobe has the options of printing ode and even pages. Ones you get the hang of it its easy.

Wena
South Wales, U.K.