Scribus > Beginner Talk

Printing Problem with Scribus

(1/7) > >>

Bob P:
Several weeks ago I downloaded Scribus 1.4.0Rc2 and have spent considerable time working with it to learn how to use it. I am writing a book and have the first chapter completed with Headers, Page Numbers and Line underneath. The first page of the chapter also has a Chapter title. Everything looks great but, unfortunately, when I go to print it the Body Text on the first page does not print even though it shows up clearly on the computer monitor. All other pages print perfectly. I have searched everywhere trying to find out why when I try to print the Body Text does not print. :(

Could someone help me with this problem. If you can't help me correct this situation can you help me work around it?

Bob

John_Jason_Jordan:
Printing directly from Scribus is often a problem. I recommend exporting as PDF and then printing the PDF from Adobe Reader or whatever PDF viewer you use.

Bob P:
When I try to print to PDF I get the same results--No Body Text on first page. :(

Bob

Christen_Anderson:

--- Quote from: Bob P on April 15, 2011, 05:17:25 am ---Everything looks great but, unfortunately, when I go to print it the Body Text on the first page does not print even though it shows up clearly on the computer monitor. All other pages print perfectly. I have searched everywhere trying to find out why when I try to print the Body Text does not print. :(

--- End quote ---

Just a thought.....do you by any chance have the first page body text on a different layer than the rest of the text? if so, check and see if printing is disabled for that layer.

John_Jason_Jordan:

--- Quote from: Bob P on April 15, 2011, 06:02:10 pm ---When I try to print to PDF I get the same results--No Body Text on first page. :(
--- End quote ---

Are you _printing_ to PDF from Scribus (e.g., with a print to PDF utility) or are you _exporting_ to PDF from Scribus. If the former, try the latter. If the latter, check in Scribus Preferences for the font you are using for the missing text.

Also, try opening a new document, create just one simple text frame, and fill it with some text, then set the font for the frame to the same font as in your original document.

You may also have found a bug, in which case it is very important to report it at bugs.scribus.net.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version