Scribus > Beginner Talk

Tabulators greyed out

(1/1)

DaveT:
I have less than 1-day experience with Scribus, but it looks good so far. I'm running Scribus 1.4.0.rc3 on Windows 7.

I use lots of bulleted lists and wanted a way to creat a uniform look which could be easily changed and take effect.....so I found Styles. But no matter what I do, I can't get access to the 1st three boxes in Tabulators and Indentation - they're there but always greyed out. So I downloaded v1.3.3.14 - but still the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - any advice much appreciated.

John_Jason_Jordan:

--- Quote from: DaveT on April 13, 2011, 12:45:34 pm ---I have less than 1-day experience with Scribus, but it looks good so far. I'm running Scribus 1.4.0.rc3 on Windows 7.

I use lots of bulleted lists and wanted a way to creat a uniform look which could be easily changed and take effect.....so I found Styles. But no matter what I do, I can't get access to the 1st three boxes in Tabulators and Indentation - they're there but always greyed out. So I downloaded v1.3.3.14 - but still the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - any advice much appreciated.

--- End quote ---

There exists a script to create bulleted lists. It was mentioned on the Scribus e-list together with a location in the wiki where it is posted, but I no longer have the message.

As for the grayed out options, I suspect you have to open the character style for the paragraph style first. I don't have Scribus running at the moment and I have to leave for class so I can't check.

DaveT:
Hi John, thanks for taking time to reply. I have pulled as many levers as I can find all to no avail. I can only think that there is some system setting working against me here - though goodness knows what it is! Any and all pointers gratefully received.

DaveT:

--- Quote from: DaveT on April 14, 2011, 10:47:18 am ---Hi John, thanks for taking time to reply. I have pulled as many levers as I can find all to no avail. I can only think that there is some system setting working against me here - though goodness knows what it is! Any and all pointers gratefully received.

--- End quote ---

OK, got it sorted. Handn't seen that you could drop tab marks on the ruler bar. When you do this, you get access to the previously greyed items :D!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version