Tabulators greyed out

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveT

I have less than 1-day experience with Scribus, but it looks good so far. I'm running Scribus 1.4.0.rc3 on Windows 7.

I use lots of bulleted lists and wanted a way to creat a uniform look which could be easily changed and take effect.....so I found Styles. But no matter what I do, I can't get access to the 1st three boxes in Tabulators and Indentation - they're there but always greyed out. So I downloaded v1.3.3.14 - but still the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - any advice much appreciated.

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: DaveT on April 13, 2011, 11:45:34 AM
I have less than 1-day experience with Scribus, but it looks good so far. I'm running Scribus 1.4.0.rc3 on Windows 7.

I use lots of bulleted lists and wanted a way to creat a uniform look which could be easily changed and take effect.....so I found Styles. But no matter what I do, I can't get access to the 1st three boxes in Tabulators and Indentation - they're there but always greyed out. So I downloaded v1.3.3.14 - but still the same issue. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - any advice much appreciated.

There exists a script to create bulleted lists. It was mentioned on the Scribus e-list together with a location in the wiki where it is posted, but I no longer have the message.

As for the grayed out options, I suspect you have to open the character style for the paragraph style first. I don't have Scribus running at the moment and I have to leave for class so I can't check.
Linguistics on Linux!

DaveT

Hi John, thanks for taking time to reply. I have pulled as many levers as I can find all to no avail. I can only think that there is some system setting working against me here - though goodness knows what it is! Any and all pointers gratefully received.

DaveT

Quote from: DaveT on April 14, 2011, 09:47:18 AM
Hi John, thanks for taking time to reply. I have pulled as many levers as I can find all to no avail. I can only think that there is some system setting working against me here - though goodness knows what it is! Any and all pointers gratefully received.

OK, got it sorted. Handn't seen that you could drop tab marks on the ruler bar. When you do this, you get access to the previously greyed items :D!