Scribus 1.4.0 RC3 and the default colors

Previous topic - Next topic

smartysmart34

Hi all,

I remember Scribus having a LOT of colors predefined in the 1.3.x aera. I am now using 1.4.0 RC3 (because Suse 11.4 delivered RC1 which was quite buggy and I wanted to stay within that release now) and I only have like 5-8 colors defined in the color menu. I am not too willing to define another 100 by myself and the question is: Will the final release bring all the colors again? What is the current schedule for 1.4.0 final?
And: Is there a way to move over the old color definitions from somewhere? Which file is required? Does someone know how to provide this file?

Kind regards,
Martin

owencook

Quote from: smartysmart34 on April 12, 2011, 04:17:58 PM

I remember Scribus having a LOT of colors predefined in the 1.3.x aera. I am now using 1.4.0 RC3

1. Start Scribus
2. Do NOT open a new document
3. Go to Edit Colors
4. Change "The current color set"

is that what you are looking for?

smartysmart34

Well, yes. I wasn't aware that here are so many different.....

Is there any way to change the palette in a document that was allready started? Becasue i only have the scribus "small" pallette there....

Kind regards,
Martin

Meho R.

Quote from: smartysmart34 on April 13, 2011, 08:53:42 AM
Well, yes. I wasn't aware that here are so many different.....

Is there any way to change the palette in a document that was allready started? Becasue i only have the scribus "small" pallette there....

Kind regards,
Martin
1. Start Scribus and set colors.
2. Create a new document and save it.
3. Import colors from this newly created document to your document.

smartysmart34

OK, Thank you. I'l be giving it a try.
Is there a chapter in the manual describing that procedure? Is this done in the same dialog where I select the default pallette when no document is open?
Kind regards,
Martin

Meho R.

Quote from: smartysmart34 on April 13, 2011, 03:47:57 PM
... Is this done in the same dialog where I select the default pallette when no document is open?
Yes, Edit > Colors > Import.