Multiple page pdf import

Previous topic - Next topic

carusoswi

This is boring to most of you, I am sure, but one of the uses for which I seek to use Scribus is to fill in forms that come to me in pdf format having multiple pages.  When I use InDesign for this purpose, there is a box I can check during the import process that then allows me to select which page of the multi-page pdf will be imported. So, if I have a three page pdf, I can perform the import function three times on the same file, once for each successive page.

I have yet to find a way to do that in Scribus, but am guessing that it is probably there.

At present, my work around is to use a pdf printer to print each page to its own separate file before importing into Scribus.  In the case of forms that I scan myself, if I plan to use Scribus, I scan them one page at a time, each into its own pdf file.

I'd like to just scan a stack of forms as one pdf file and be able to select which pages I need in Scribus.

Advice, anyone?

Thanks.

Caruso

utnik

hi caruso

you are always placing the whole pdf file. if you select it, you can define the page to be displayed in the 'properties' window. ('image' → 'page number')

utnik

carusoswi

Quote from: utnik on September 07, 2012, 08:09:21 AM
hi caruso

you are always placing the whole pdf file. if you select it, you can define the page to be displayed in the 'properties' window. ('image' → 'page number')

utnik

This information is invaluable to me.  Thank you so much for your reply.  I think I like the way Scribus does this better than the way it is handled in some of the other aps I have been using.

I can import a three page doc to page 1, then simply copy/paste it on pages two and three, select the page after the fact.

Saves me navigating repeatedly through my directory tree for imports to subsequent pages.

Very nice.

Thank you.

Caruso

Caruso