version 1.3.5.1???

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadup

Hello everybody,
I'm a bit at a loss. I downloaded a few months ago the 1.3.5.1 version (beta if I remember well), end I produced documents with it. Now, I want to share them and work on them with colleagues, but the only stable version is 1.3.3.14 and 1.4 is still beta and in trial...
So my colleagues cannot open what I have done.
Why has my version so disappeared? Can anyone explain to me?
I can't ask them to take the 1.4 beta version, which is not stable.
Thanks,
Dadup

cezaryece

When you install 1.3.5 it wasn't stable also. 1.4 is direct successor of 1.3.5 and will be new stable version in 1-2 weeks (I hope).
While application evolution often files from new versions are not compatible with old versions of application. Also with Scribus - you cant open files from 1.3.5 and above in 1.3.3.x.
But 1.4 should be able open files from 1.3.5 (and vice versa) - if isn't this is bug needed report in bug trucker (best with sla file upload).
As 1.4.0 is very near to stable release don't afraid his "unstable" name. It has many bugs resolved and new cool features added (like text edit undo/redo). I am using it (unstable versions) all the time in real production tusks without problems.

Dadup

OK, thanks. I'll try the 1.4, hoping to solve my problems.
I'm glad the undo/redo option is now possible. It was really upsetting.
Maybe you could try also to simplify the use of bullets (with automatic indentation, for instance).

Unfortunately, I'm not at all competent on software programming, so I can't help. But I'll make suggestions.
Thanks to all of you working on this software.
Cheers.
Dadup

John_Jason_Jordan

Quote from: Dadup on May 10, 2011, 09:36:35 AM
Maybe you could try also to simplify the use of bullets (with automatic indentation, for instance).

Recently someone wrote a script for bullets. It is on the wiki. Sorry I don't have the link, but hopefully you can find it.
Linguistics on Linux!