Several Problems with pdf-forms

Previous topic - Next topic

maxbue

Hey there,

first of all, sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker.
I use scribus 1.4.1 on a windows 64bit system.
I'm working on an invoice-form for a customer and during that i was confronted with several problems.

• when i chose compatibility higher than 1.3 in the pdf export dialog, the line spacing in the pdf-textfields was much larger as in the .sla. (I tried that with Arial, Helvetica and other fonts. I embedded all of them in the fonts tab.)
  • The €'s in my example text are represented by white spaces in Adobe Reader X and it's not possible to type them in afterwards
  • The fonts in the exported pdf look quite pixelated.

If I right-click on a pdf-textfield i can choose the fonts for pdf 1.3 but they are strongly limited. Why's that?
Is scribus only using the fonts that are chosen in this dialog if I export as pdf 1.3?

I would be very thankful if you could help me with this.

Regards,
Max

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

I think those problems (at least 1 and 2) are due to limitations of the PDF Form specification, so they would be there even if you created the forms with Adobe Acrobat. The ability to use custom fonts for form fields is fairly new, older PDF versions only allowed to use the core PDF fonts.

For 3, did you try zooming in or printing the PDF? It might just be a display issue.