Page Numbering

Previous topic - Next topic

elaphae

Two thigs:
Win 10 Scribus 1.6.1 novice user although worked with QuarkXPress over a decade and edited magazines and books with it.
I had a tremendous problem with page numbers. Researched posts here and still was not able to fix it. THEN I noticed something that I had not seen mentioned the "Apply Master Page" option when I right click the page. Fixed that. Scribus is not showing me the # when I set page numbering though. I tried resetting shortcuts and restarting both Scribus and the computer with no luck.

Second problem: The document is facing pages and I set my inside (gutter) margins wider than the outside. The pages that I number reset my margin (only) on the right side pages so that the wider margin is on the outside. I double checked that I had not made a mistake in Document Setup and unless I change the Master page to the section with numbers the margins are correct. I am thinking that I am not seeing something that is so basic that it is not mentioned.

As a last resort I am consider reinstalling Scribus but don't know if when I do so my existing documents will be removed as well. I have quite a bit of time and effort invested in another document and would not want to have it evaporate. Any suggestions welcomed.

utnik

hi elaphae

Quote from: elaphae on May 26, 2024, 03:30:00 AM...Scribus is not showing me the # when I set page numbering though.
afaik this '#' sign as a placeholder passed a long time ago. scribus shows a real page number, even when editing a master page.

Quote...The pages that I number reset my margin (only) on the right side pages so that the wider margin is on the outside.
looks as if you applied a left master page to right document pages.

QuoteAs a last resort I am consider reinstalling Scribus but don't know if when I do so my existing documents will be removed as well.
you wouldn't loose your documents. but reinstalling scribus won't help either.

utnik

PatJr

it helps sometimes if you have an abbreviated sample file to post up to demonstrate the problems
for this one, it looks like utnik had the best guidance