Signal #11 error on PDF export

Previous topic - Next topic

gKorg

Hi evevyone,
i am getting this message when i try to export. It worked until 2h ago, then i opened the file, inserted a pic, saved, and now i can't export anymore, no matter what i do. I tried to delete pages and export portions of it without luck.
I have to work on this file for the next 2 months for a project and i need to export every day a PDF to show my boss. Can you please help me?
Thanks a lot
EDIT: for now i'm exporting via "print" and then choosing "file" instead of a printer and then changing to "PDF". It is working for now, seems.

AdmFubar

I'll bet the problem is with the image you added, perchance is this image file on a remote share? Like on a NAS, or a remote drive like google drive, or even a  usb connected device?
Using Scribus 1.5.8 + 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

gKorg

That's almost correct. It is on the icloud folder on a mac. But moving the files to the desktop and removing the pic didn't fix it.
Thank you very much for your help

AdmFubar

moving it to the desktop wont fix it if that is the issue. You need the corrcetrd path updated in the  sla to make it work. Have you opened the sla in a text editor and replaced the path to the file with the image copy on your desktop?
Using Scribus 1.5.8 + 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

PatJr

... maybe have a try at 'collect for output'
I think that will gather all the images, fonts, text and put it in a local directory
at least you wont have the reference to a remote device anymore

gKorg

Sorry for the late reply.
i don't know what happened but now it works fine again.

Just to be sure i went to see the path of the image and on an old file (which still crashes) it is marked as:

<PAGEOBJECT XPOS="870.361048905584" YPOS="230.407674015748" OwnPage="0" ItemID="632535380" PTYPE="2" WIDTH="377.671077078668" HEIGHT="519" FRTYPE="0" CLIPEDIT="0" PWIDTH="1" PLINEART="1" LOCALSCX="0.285164835164835" LOCALSCY="0.285164835164835" LOCALX="0" LOCALY="0" LOCALROT="0" PICART="1" SCALETYPE="0" RATIO="1" Pagenumber="0" PFILE="img.png" PRFILE="Embedded iMac Calibrated piero 6.12.21" IRENDER="0" EPROF="Embedded iMac Calibrated piero 6.12.21" path="M0 0 L377.671 0 L377.671 519 L0 519 L0 0 Z" copath="M0 0 L377.671 0 L377.671 519 L0 519 L0 0 Z" gXpos="870.361048905584" gYpos="230.407674015748" gWidth="0" gHeight="0" LAYER="0" NEXTITEM="-1" BACKITEM="-1"/>
While on the new version, that works, it's marked as:

<PAGEOBJECT XPOS="870.361048905584" YPOS="230.407674015748" OwnPage="0" ItemID="1395640617" PTYPE="2" WIDTH="377.671077078668" HEIGHT="519" FRTYPE="0" CLIPEDIT="0" PWIDTH="1" PLINEART="1" LOCALSCX="0.285164835164835" LOCALSCY="0.285164835164835" LOCALX="0" LOCALY="0" LOCALROT="0" PICART="1" SCALETYPE="0" RATIO="1" Pagenumber="0" PFILE="../Content/img.png" PRFILE="Embedded iMac Calibrated piero 6.12.21" IRENDER="0" EPROF="Embedded iMac Calibrated piero 6.12.21" path="M0 0 L377.671 0 L377.671 519 L0 519 L0 0 Z" copath="M0 0 L377.671 0 L377.671 519 L0 519 L0 0 Z" gXpos="870.361048905584" gYpos="230.407674015748" gWidth="0" gHeight="0" LAYER="0" NEXTITEM="-1" BACKITEM="-1"/>
I guess was that causing the error.

I have tried the collect for output but didn't help back then.

Thank you for now, i guess i'll write again if the problem reappears.