My Scribus seems to be limited

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-in-Ky

They can be found at Lulu.com, in their online bookstore.  People can look up Daniel Boone National Forest to get to them.  So far, I have print books Part 1, Part 2, and Part 5.  I did have four eBooks, then for the 5th book, I tried a print book and got it done.  Then I removed the eBooks and started replacing them with print books.  After I get Parts 3 and 4 done, I will continue past Part 5.  The title is the same for each book, except for the part number.  "Hiking and Exploring In Parts Of Daniel Boone National Forest and Other Areas--Part 1" is the first one.  I don't know how long the series will be.  I have a lot of photos, from a lot of hiking, been to a lot of places.  I used to have a big website, but deleted it a couple years ago.  Then I started making books, eBooks, but then scrapped that and switched to print books.

Bill-in-Ky

I thought I replied to this Friday, but it isn't here. My books can be found at Lulu Publishing, Lulu.com, in their online bookstore.  The best way to look them up is to put "Daniel Boone National Forest" in the bookstore search box.  The actual title is, "Hiking and Exploring In Parts Of Daniel Boone National Forest--Part 1".  That is for the first book.  Other books have the same title but with a different part number.  I'm making a series.  I started a series of eBooks, but for the 5th book I tried a print book, and it worked out ok, after an adjustment for photos.  I then removed the eBooks and started replacing them with print books.  Right now, I have Parts 1,2, and 5 available, as print books.  I'm starting on Part 3, gathering photos from my flash drives.  I have books set to print with standard ink instead of premium ink, in order to keep the cost down.  Both versions of Part 5 are available.  Premium ink costs 3 times as much as standard.  It works fine with photos set normally.  For standard ink, I had to make photos a little lighter than what I call normal.  If not, they come out darker.  That's how my first print book looked, so I had to make the adjustment.  I made a revised version of Part 5, for use with standard ink.  I happen to have a version with premium ink because of a flaw that happened in printing the first one, so the publisher offered to let me get a premium version at no extra cost.  I got one, and it looked fine.  I gave that one to my hiking friend, Majid.  I have used some of his photos in my books. For the revised version, and subsequent books, I set the photos for standard ink, lighter than normal.  These books are photo books, but intended to be guide books, to show what is out there where I went.  I have been taking somewhat of a documentary approach.  Of course I try to make good photos, but I also used some that aren't really good, just to show what I saw, what I walked through or by.  Documentary.  Most of the photos are pretty good, I think.  Not award winning, but pretty good.  These are guide books, not coffee table books.  I included several sections of topo maps in each book.  Here are a couple photos of the first book, and the contents.................I just found the other reply, and this one, on page 2.