No colour set option is available

Previous topic - Next topic

mimmo

just started using Scribus today and it looks like a fantastic piece of software, I'm trying to do the tutorial that's on the website but I don't see a "Color Set" option under the "Color Management" menu. Consequently the number of colors available to me is very limited.
Did I miss a setting somewhere?
thanks
mimmo

p.s. I've attached a screenshot of the color menu

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mimmo

you can import one of the predefined color palettes or create your own colors in differrent ways...
take a look at http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:TOC .

the color management menu has nothing to do with this – if you use scribus to create documents for professional printing, it's a good advice to learn how color management works. you may find some informations about it under the posted link as well...

utnik

mimmo

thanks
I understand how to import color profiles etc. but I'm still wondering why the menu does not show the "Color Set" drop down option like it does in the attached screenshot that is part of the tutorial on this page http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Quickstart

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi mimmo

Quote from: mimmo on March 25, 2012, 06:24:34 PM...I'm still wondering why the menu does not show the "Color Set" drop down option like it does in the attached screenshot...

...it shows up as long as there is no document opened – try it...

utnik

mimmo

thank you...I'll get it eventually  :)

Meho R.

Quote from: mimmo on March 25, 2012, 09:40:45 PM
thank you...I'll get it eventually  :)

When you start Scribus, you'll see a "New document" dialog. Instead of creating a new document by pressing "OK", or opening an existing one, press "Cancel", so that Scribus is running, but with no document actually open. If you go to Edit > Colors now, as utnik suggested, you'll notice that you can choose between different color sets.

If you create a new document after you have chosen a color set of your liking, you'll be able to use colors from that set in every new document you create.

But if you want those colors to be available in another, already existing document, first save this new document containing your chosen color set (name it, e.g.: Example.sla). After that, open the document you want to also contain those colors from Example.sla and import them using Edit > Colors > Import > Example.sla feature.