a little suggestion

Previous topic - Next topic

artweave

I come from quarkxpress which I used for years at work.
I switched to linux at home and I find that version 1.58 has gained in ergonomics in its interface.
A few things:
- Can't we collect Item>duplicate and transform on the distribute and align panel in the window menu

-element that I often used was the shortcut opening a dialog allowing me to type a page number to go there.

- regarding the import of bitmap photos, plan to accept the AVIF format in scribus?

This version of scribus is really successful. Thanks to the developers

a.l.e

Welcome to Scribus!

Quote from: artweave on June 05, 2023, 07:07:04 PMCan't we collect Item>duplicate and transform on the distribute and align panel in the window menu

Sorry, I don't get what's the request here... You'd like one single dialog for all three? You'd like to see all of them moved to the Window menu?

In the second case, yes, the Scribus menus are probably not optimally structured: sometimes the systematic is based on the way a document is structured and sometimes it follows the code structure.

Sadly, I don't see a change coming soon in that field...

Quote from: artweave on June 05, 2023, 07:07:04 PMelement that I often used was the shortcut opening a dialog allowing me to type a page number to go there.

Yes, there should be a way to go to a specific page by number (or, better, both by index and by number...).

Can you please fill a ticket in https://bugs.scribus.net ?

Quote from: artweave on June 05, 2023, 07:07:04 PMregarding the import of bitmap photos, plan to accept the AVIF format in scribus?

Personally, I'm not really fond of multiplying the number of (non mainstream) formats supported by Scribus.
The main issue being that, at the end, if the format cannot be embedded as is in a PDF, Scribus will need to perform a conversion to a common lossless or lossy format and what will be sent to the print shop is not what you see on screen.
(And I did not find any evidence that PDF would support AVIF pictures...)

Thanks for your feedback!