style manager Window too big (again!)

Previous topic - Next topic

catrine

Hi, I am a beginner with Scribus. I think it probably is very good but that "style manager Window" business being too big to access the "apply" button is really a big bug. A desktop publishing software without styles is near useless. I know it has been mentioned before, but the replies I have seen have been unsatisfactory: hold Alt and move the window with the mouse doesn't work for me and applying a patch might be a good advice for a computer wiz but not for an ordinary person: I wouldn't have a clue how to do it and would not venture into that sort of thing either.
Can someone fix the bug so the window can be resized or give a practical solution to the issue?
I am working on Windows 10 pro and have the latest Scribus version 1.5.4 and my laptop is Lenovo thinkpad T470s
I'd love to attach a screen capture but I can't work out how to do it.
Thanks
Catrinescreenshot-style-manager-window_Scribus.jpg

utnik

hi catrine

it might be better with a newer scribus version.
try 1.5.8 (and hope...)

utnik

MrB

Please also let us know your screen resolution

AdmFubar

Check in the scribus config file, (.scribus) for prefs140.xml. In a text editor open the file and search for the "style manager" section.It may have some values for the window dimensions. If so change the height so it is a bit smaller and see if that helps. You should do the editing without scribus running. Once you save the edited file restart scribus and open the styles manager and see if there is an improvement.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist