Scribus Glitching / Crashing When adding PDFs as Images

Previous topic - Next topic

wayno

I've been tasked with creating a book layout from around 250 individual pdfs. Some of these are needed to be two per page, others are an image for the whole page. To save having to re-layout 250 pages I've attempted to use image frames and get image to place the pdf in the correct place on a page. This was working perfectly until I got to around 150 pages where it started to visually glitch on the screen (image not appearing, black boxes across the page, horizontal black bars across the screen), and has then crashed a couple of times. I reload, but when trying to "get image" the screen goes blank.

Initially I thought this might be a memory issue on my laptop (i7 8GB SSD) so recreated the doc from scratch on my desktop but have encountered the same problems. Any ideas what might be causing this as it's driving me mad?
Window 10 64GB
i7
32GB RAM
1TB HDD
Scribus 1.4.8

I've tried 1.5.8 but this just crashes on me trying to load the .sla

Thanks

wayno

I don't think that this is PDF specific as I've converted the pages I need to import to .png and started again. When I got to around 130 pages the same thing happened again with this new document. Its starts with the "get image" function stopping previewing the file, then just stops showing it in the document, then just glitches and crashes.

Task manager showed that Scribus is using around 10GB of RAM with around 18GB free

AdmFubar

Are all these pdf's images? or is the content mixed?
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

wayno

They're basically images of complete pages, the task i've been given is to have some of them laid out two per page of my A4 document and others are single image per page. Within the image I'm trying to load to the frame is a mix of text and image.

AdmFubar

So you are overlaying text on these images? or do you mean that each of the images are a mix of  photos and text?
Advanced hobbyist

AdmFubar

Advanced hobbyist