for view: how i see change view rotate?

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel_songokuh

hello

i love this scribus! but i have 228 page created by scribus 1.3 (old) and today i'm installed last version scribus 1.4.0-rc6, opensuse 12.1 kde 4.7
but i worked with scribus there is limit: i create 228 pages and not over because will block o will go crash. but for now 1.4.0 rc6 is not crash if i will 500 pages?

other important: i write and draw, but to view is rotate to right but i wanted to see only view : rotate view for read and modify paragraphs.. see my screeshot : this is original work with scribus, are not errors, it's perfect.

but i wanted to rotate for my eyes like: flip rotate monitor... but scribus can change view flip?

[attachment deleted by admin]

utnik

hi manuel

i don't understand, why you're rotating your pages – what should this be good for?
...but you should hyphenate justified text! this wide spaces look really bad...

utnik

manuel_songokuh

Quote from: utnik on March 23, 2012, 01:18:10 AM
hi manuel

i don't understand, why you're rotating your pages – what should this be good for?
...but you should hyphenate justified text! this wide spaces look really bad...

utnik
hi
why my pages have 2 diverse: -1 for text(read) rotate to left, 2 - for draw(images) rotate to right. this is my book for my friends. but i'm tired with my eyes.. there is change for view scribus? but not change text rotate.. but to VIEW ,, it's can?

a.l.e

ciao manuel

have not seen you for a long time! :-)

i don't get either why you're rotating the pages...

did you rotate your monitor? in this case you should find a way to rotate the whole display... xrandr may be your friend there!

and yes, scribus does not work perfectly when your frames are rotated...

buona giornata
a.l.e

manuel_songokuh

ok i will show you screenshot.

for xrandr.. this mean is xorg so all rotate right? but not good.. but scribus need this feature because world of book, reviews, papernews, need rotate for view so they can modify and back view erc.. why not? or change layout for view?

my book need diverse see screeshot ok?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nermander

If it really is every second page that is rotated I would design them as ordinary landscape pages, export to a PDF end then rotate every second page in the PDF.

But I agree that to be able to rotate the view would be a good feature. We can zoom and pan, so why not rotate? The problem is probably that the code for scrolling would become complicated.

a.l.e

nermander, i guess you got it reversed :-)

imo, he should layout it as a normal portrait document and, then, use PDF manipulation tools to turn the pages and rotate  them to landscape ones :-)

ciao
a.l.e

Nermander

I looked at the second illustration, those pages are landscape.

Thinking of it.. Scribus doesn't support tumbling, does it, only turning? (I am thinking of the page layout options, what if you are doing a calendar where binding is on the top rather than the left?)

cyp

You can read and modify paragraphs using the Story Editor..