LULU templayes

Previous topic - Next topic

utnik

hi nermander

Quote from: Nermander on June 11, 2023, 09:26:49 PM...it seems that as default Selecting is turned off for all layers (the rightmost checkboxes)...

i never touched this box. as long as you're on the right layer, you can select and edit the items anyway. it looks as by checking this box you allow to select the objects, even if a different layer is active. (just tested with scribus 1.5.8, 1.5.9.svn and 1.7.0.svn...)

utnik

Nermander

For me it was not sufficient to just select the layer. I selected the Text layer and tried to double click one of the text frames and it was not possible to edit before I ticked those boxes.

utnik

hi nermander

the main text frame on the first page is on the layer "notes". that's the reason why you can't select/edit it from the layer "text" without checking the "select object" box.

utnik

poppingmad

Ah - that is major progress.  I can at least select things now,

poppingmad

Quote from: utnik on June 11, 2023, 10:40:32 PMi never touched this box. as long as you're on the right layer, you can select and edit the items anyway.

Are you using the most up to date version of Scribus on Linux?

poppingmad

Quote from: utnik on June 12, 2023, 12:18:24 PMthe main text frame on the first page is on the layer "notes". that's the reason why you can't select/edit it from the layer "text" without checking the "select object" box.

I have no idea what you are talking about but I see nothing like this. 

In the Layers Window I see Notes - Turn Off...

But that is meaningless.  "Turn Off" is not an option.

poppingmad

Quote from: utnik on June 11, 2023, 10:40:32 PMi never touched this box. as long as you're on the right layer, you can select and edit the items anyway.

It definitely doesn't work as your describing here.  He is correct and you HAVE to make them selectable.  And how would you know what layer you are on?  I see no interface for that, like there is in the GIMP.

PatJr

should show some indicators
highlight layer and an indicator on the status bar

poppingmad

Quote from: PatJr on June 21, 2023, 02:51:01 PMshould show some indicators
highlight layer and an indicator on the status bar

It doesn't do that in linux, and the interface doesn't look like that.  You need to go to the layers selection from the windows menu item on the menu bar.

Now, I am working on it and I see that all my edits are on the NOTES layer.  This is not what I intended.  Without getting into any criticism of the software design, I'm wondering how do I delete the "Notes" layer or edit what is under it.  Or is it even needed.  I just put in 2 hours of work creating text and images on that layer.  Maybe I should just go forward with it.   Even better would be to copy stuff from the "Notes" layer to a other layers.