How to apply leading space?

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinWGagel

Another item I can't seem to figure out is how to apply leading space.

When I create a text frame and add text, how do I get the first character of each line of text to be spaced evenly away from the border?

Using a space is inconsistent because of the various font sizes used within the box.
Kevin W. Gagel

AdmFubar

by each line as in start of line to a period? of just like having a margin from the left and right edges of the text frame? If the latter,  select the text frame, and in the Properties window (or text properties if you are using the latest development version), select the  Columns and Text Distances drop down. In that section you will find options to adjust for number of columns, gap between them and then how much space to add to the top, left, right and bottom inside of the frame.
I hope this is what you are looking for.
Using Scribus 1.6.1, openSUSE 15.5
Advanced hobbyist

Nermander

If you mean the first line of a paragraph, paragraph styles have a setting for first line indent. That is probably what you are looking for.

Look at the Tabulators and indention part:
https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Help:Manual_Styles#Paragraph_Styles

KevinWGagel

Quote from: AdmFubar on April 29, 2023, 12:33:51 AMby each line as in start of line to a period? of just like having a margin from the left and right edges of the text frame? If the latter,  select the text frame, and in the Properties window (or text properties if you are using the latest development version), select the  Columns and Text Distances drop down. In that section you will find options to adjust for number of columns, gap between them and then how much space to add to the top, left, right and bottom inside of the frame.
I hope this is what you are looking for.

Thank you, "Columns & Text Distances" is what I was looking for.
Kevin W. Gagel